Principal Software Engineer
- Denver, CO
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way? Are you passionate about travel? Do you love solving challenging technical problems and want to work on programs at the core of a Fortune 500 company? That's what the Marketplace Signals team does every day. We bring together billions of data points to match travelers with experiences in real time.
We are looking for a tech lead for the Marketplace Signals engineering team with strong technical background, leadership skills, and experience designing and developing distributed systems that support high transaction volumes. As part of our back-end focused team, you will design and develop systems that process up to a million transactions per second, leveraging signals from across all Expedia brands to target, classify, and adjust levers for millions of inventory providers, trillions of pricing operations, and thousands of markets. The person in this role will work on a world class development team to ship code across multiple systems and products, bridging technologies to create a premier marketplace that brings the world within reach of millions of travelers each year.
Who you are:
- You are an outstanding Java developer with 7+ years of professional, post-college, software development experience. (We are mostly a Java shop backed by a variety of No-SQL data stores)
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to work well across multiple departments.
- Difficult problems excite you: We're doing hard things here!
- You embrace a leadership role and find mentoring and growing junior engineers fulfilling.
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
What you'll do:
- Commit to vigilantly rewriting, refactoring, and perfecting code.
- Deploy to production daily using CI/CD and feature flags.
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high-performance code for a distributed SOA environment (our stack satisfies tens of thousands of requests per second!).
- Develop quality scalable, tested and reliable applications using industry best practices Work with QA, product management and operations in an agile environment.
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic, Sonar and Jenkins.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better - that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Back to top