VP of People Operations
High-growth Ed Tech Company Seeks
Vice President of People Operations
A bit about us
Voxy is changing people's lives for the better every single day. That’s not hyperbole - it’s the truth. Learning a new language is one of the hardest things that you can ask an adult to do. And we make it happen. Every. Single. Day.
Voxy is a leading web and mobile-based English learning platform that provides personalized language instruction to major corporations, educational institutions, and governments worldwide. Our approach is steeped in 20 years of scientific research, and our product is built with cutting-edge, patented technologies that enable us to dynamically create learning pathways from everyday media content. Voxy has been proven effective - both in the lab and in the wild - which is no small feat for a digital education company. We are tackling a tough problem, but that’s okay; we love tough problems, and you should too.
The best part for us is that we get to do all of this as part of a passionate, empathetic, and collaborative team. We believe that truly rewarding work is only possible when you work with good people.
People Ops at Voxy
Voxy’s Vice President of People Operations will be responsible for helping to recruit, grow and cultivate a team of ~100 passionate experts (62 full-time and 40+ contractors) whose collective work will change how people around the world learn English. You will design, test and implement programs that help inspire, motivate and develop our global team of linguists, engineers, designers, sales people, and freelance English teachers. You will be a key member of the Leadership Team, and work closely with the CEO to foster a strong and dynamic culture that embodies Voxy’s 6 core values: Empathy, Optimism, Bias Towards Action, Bold, Curious and Collaborative.
In this role, you will
- Report to the CEO and be responsible for the entire talent management process - sourcing & recruitment, training & development, employee performance management, compensation and benefits, culture and retention.
- Develop thoughtful and efficient HR processes that can scale to numerous international markets. Voxy has offices in NYC and Sao Paulo, and has dozens of remote employees around the world
- Work with the Leadership Team to create a highly synced organization where the efforts of each team
- is aligned with the company vision
- result in quarterly goal attainment
- embody Voxy’s 6 core values
- Proactively manage a recruiting plan that supports the evolving needs of the different departments (Sales & Marketing, Engineering, Education, etc.) as the business grows
- Devise, implement and manage programs and policies that enhance the team’s work life at Voxy, including internal communication, social events, educational/professional development activities and company off-sites
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to enhance the company’s onboarding program, as well as develop relevant, engaging and effective training programs across functional areas
- Oversee compensation and benefits, periodically benchmarking Voxy’s compensation and benefits against other firms in a representative peer group
The ideal candidate will...
- Have 10+ years experience working in HR/People Operations in a dynamic, high-growth company
- Be certified SPHR and/or GPHR
- Be highly autonomous, self-directed, organized and detail-oriented; comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Have extensive experience hiring and training both full-time and contract employees
- Have experience managing HR and/or recruiting in an international environment
- Have experience creating or managing policies that create positive work environments, and drive productive and highly collaborative employee behavior
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects from inception through completion
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
On top of a rewarding job opportunity that will directly impact the way millions of students learn English, Voxy offers some awesome perks:
- Competitive salary (base/bonus) and equity ownership
- Great benefits: medical, dental, vision, flex spending (FSA), gym reimbursement, mobile service reimbursement, Citi Bike and free on-site language classes
- Ongoing professional development and reimbursement for attendance at industry or professional conferences
- Incredible team of super bright, creative, talented and passionate individuals
- Awesome office space in downtown Manhattan that’s easily accessible by many trains
Meet Some of Voxy's Employees
Director of Talent & Culture
Sabrina’s job is to maintain and improve upon Voxy’s workplace culture. Her main goal is hire top-notch talent and to ensure Voxy employees have what they need to succeed.
Back to top