Language Specialist Intern
Language Specialist Intern
Voxy’s Pedagogy Team collaborates daily to generate interesting and up-to-date content for over two million users who depend on Voxy to learn English every day. We take real-world content and use our natural language processing (NLP) algorithms to turn it into dynamic, adaptive, and personalized English lessons. The Language Specialist Intern will be a critical part of this team, reviewing and editing NLP-generated definitions and parts of speech of lexical items and collocations in Voxy content. This role reports directly to the Curriculum team.
The Language Specialist Intern will be expected to:
- Edit/proofread content (news articles, videos, real conversations, etc.)
- Select valuable grammatical skills and functions taught from pieces of real-world content
- Review and correct NLP output
- Work with the Curriculum team to create an effective process and solve problems in the platform as they arise
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently independently as well as within a team
- Perfect grasp of English grammar
- Interest in natural language processing and/or second language acquisition
- Experience teaching English preferred
- Generally tech-savvy
In addition to a rewarding job that that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, working here, you’ll enjoy…
- Unlimited snacks and beverages
- Awesome team of super bright, creative, talented, and passionate individuals
- Sweet space in downtown Manhattan easily accessible by many trains
Voxy’s Curriculum team can work with qualified interns to develop a product for independent study or college credit.
Want to know more about us?
Voxy is a NYC-based company that is changing the way the world learns English. Our proprietary personalization technology and exclusive partnerships with leading content publishers enable us to deliver a one-of-a-kind solution to over 2.5 million English learners across the globe. Our mobile and web applications make it possible for individuals to learn from the world around them, turning everyday experiences and content into fun, game-like activities. Our custom-built, live one-to-one tutoring platform brings the necessary human element front and center, and is a core piece of our methodology. Voxy’s disruption of the $80B market for English language education has been recognized by leading education investors and the company has been deemed a pioneer by The New York Times, CNN Money, Fast Company, Mashable, Univision, Veja (Brazil), Venturebeat, and others. Most recently, in August 2013, Voxy announced a strategic partnership with Pearson, the world’s leading learning company. This new partnership marries Pearson’s global scale with Voxy’s cutting-edge technology to connect with and improve the lives of the over two-billion people learning English worldwide.
Back to top