Senior Visual Designer
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, from startups to well-established companies. Our product portfolio includes Volusion, for small to medium sized businesses, and Material, for individual entrepreneurs & emerging startups. If you are the kind of creative professional that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you.
As a Senior Visual Designer for Volusion you will be part of a team supporting our entire Product, Marketing, Business Development teams. We get our hands dirty in: web design (with an emphasis on responsive design), emails, remarketing & PPC banner ads, infographics, billboards, trade show displays, t-shirts, posters, and more. We have the freedom and resources to recommend and produce whatever we come up with.
- Human-centered design: Our designs respond to the needs and motivations of real people. We understand the philosophy and are comfortable going out into the world for inspiration.
- Visual design sensitivity: We can distinguish between “good” and “great” work and can craft beautiful experiences.
- Communication skills: We communicate visually and can express our ideas with skill and clarity, so all members of the team can understand the visual direction behind any given project or initiative.
- Collaboration: We demonstrate a strong, collaborative ethos and have the ability to inspire and facilitate collaboration with stakeholders and team members.
- Prototyping: We understand that building proofs of concept and iterating helps us and others explore, fail, and learn quickly. We work at varying levels of fidelity and are always interested in trying new tools and methods.
- Driven by impact and Data: We are passionate about designing brands that deliver a better experience and are always asking, “How can we improve our customer’s experience?” and then use testing (User and A/B) to reveal the effectiveness of any given update or project.
We are looking for someone with:
- Exceptional online portfolio featuring examples of visual design work
- At least 7 years of experience in a related position
- Proven experience designing for the web and print- heavy emphasis on web design
- Proven experience working on large multi-channel projects
- Degree in Visual Design, Communication Design, or related field
- Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and the technologies that you’re designing for
- Understanding how designs translate to code
- Expertise using the Adobe Creative Cloud (including Photoshop & Illustrator), Sketch and prototyping tools such as InvisionApp (any experience in animation would be a great asset as well)
- Storyboarding skills, the ability to tell the story of a design from end to end
- Confidence to think about high-level product vision, understand constraints, and contribute to a fantastic user experience
- Comfort working in fast-moving, Agile development environments
- Comfort trying new things with a tendency to ask for forgiveness rather than ask for permission
- Possess a healthy sense of humor
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Dry Cleaning
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings
Meet Some of Volusion's Employees
Partner Development Manager
Justin teams up with the Business Development Team to manage channel partnerships, affiliate programs, and the Volusion Experts Network, all to ensure clients connect with their merchants.
Back to top