Senior Software Engineer
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of entrepreneur that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you.
We are a customer-first company and we want all efforts and communications to represent this philosophy. Collaboration is an important facet of this. The Engineering team works and sits directly with the Product, Marketing and IT teams. A few examples of feature-adds/projects the team has recently worked on include:
- Site-builder using serverless infrastructure and React front-end
- Inline content and style editing platform hosted in the cloud (AWS, Node.js)
- Event tracking proxy that feeds our various marketing and sales systems (AWS, Node.js)
- Modernization, automation and continuous deployment practices using tools such as Docker, CodeShip and Octopus Deploy
- Continuously deliver high-quality software using the latest proven frameworks, data storage, and open source technologies
- Plan, design, develop, test, debug, and deploy highly-available ecommerce applications
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Actively looking for ways to make everything better
- Experience working in modern agile and lean methodologies
- Own your impact working with designers, peers, product managers and other departments to release features.
- Be familiar with online SaaS subscription software
- Brainstorm ideas and directly impact a well-defined business metric
- Eager to help create the best tech company in Austin
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar desired
- 5+ years developing high-quality software
- Experience with Node.js, React/Angular
- Strong knowledge of services (mostly RESTful)
- Google Cloud or AWS experience
- Database knowledge; SQLServer, MongoDB or more modern no-sql store
- Strong interest in learning and expanding your personal toolbox of skills
- High emotional intelligence
- A/B test mentality
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings
Meet Some of Volusion's Employees
Dustin collaborates with the Small Business Sales Department to activate new merchants who join the platform. Then he makes sure they can locate and capitalize on all built-in resources.
Back to top