Senior Front End Engineer
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of entrepreneur that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you.
As a Senior Front End Engineer on our Marketing team, it is your responsibility to maintain and grow our network of websites, including the usual QA and bug fixing as well as providing vision and leadership to build fast, performant, scalable web experiences that effectively convert visitors to customers. This role requires you to work cross-departmentally to meet aggressive deadlines, as well as lead technical tasks through development, testing and deployment.
- Perform Quality Assurance reviews across devices
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs
- Update and maintain email newsletter templating systems
- Write high quality code that promotes reuse, readability, and current best practices
- Stay current with rapid innovation in web technologies
- Effectively communicate technical principles to (sometimes) non-technical people
- Contribute to the esprit de corps of the Marketing team, work closely with designers and project owners, generate new ideas, and constantly seek out ways for the team to improve
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of professional front-end web development experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency with SASS
- Proficiency with cross-browser and cross-device testing
- Proficiency coding html email and optimizing performance across clients
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Gulp or Grunt
- Experience with Node and NPM
- Experience implementing APIs
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
- We want to build a new “app store” experience on our website.
- We are taking a deep dive to improve the SEO of our websites across the board.
- We are constantly striving to improve conversion rate through testing and data analytics.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings
Meet Some of Volusion's Employees
Partner Development Manager
Justin teams up with the Business Development Team to manage channel partnerships, affiliate programs, and the Volusion Experts Network, all to ensure clients connect with their merchants.
Back to top