Director of Content
As the Director of Content for Volusion.com, you will have the amazing opportunity to build out a new Volusion content division from the ground up. You are a proven leader in both content and digital media with extensive experience managing an editorial staff in a digital or print newsroom to world-class results. You are a strategic thinker who understands how thoughtful and relevant strategies translate into creative and conversational success. You enjoy working as an individual as well as leading a team and can drive process in what will often be a relatively unstructured environment. You are a high-energy and passionate leader – people love working for you.
- Creating an amazing and compelling conduit between Volusion and our (B2C) users & (B2B) customers.
- Whether it’s developing original multi-media programming or creating engaging, shareable content on social media, the Director of Content drives the entire content strategy and seasonal/daily editorial calendar across all media platforms and outlets.
- You have a strong belief in "content with an endgame", that drives Leads, Revenue and Retention.
- Manage, coach and develop a world-class team of writers and editors as well as a large team of freelance writers and reviewers that YOU will identify and hire
- Leverage analytics to provide performance data and guidance to content curators, partners, Product Management, Engineering, and Sales teams and use this data to inform new content and improve existing content
- Manage and optimizing content programs including layout, site integration, cross-promotional efforts, and social media amplification. You will be focused on implementing SEO and Social Media best practices into all content.
- Curate, manage, and execute an editorial calendar that covers articles, resources, social media pushes, and other miscellaneous content-related projects
- Review, proofread, edit and give constructive feedback at volume
- Understand key audience engagement strategies and tactics, including but not limited to: Exclusive content, podcasts, integrating and leveraging social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest) and developing editorial features
- Increase performance of blog, including measurable improvement in areas such as traffic, sponsored content revenue, bounce rate, exit percent, time on site etc.
- Project manage a staff of freelance and full-time journalists to ensure the team meets deliverables, deadlines, and that the quality of content aligns with Volusion’s brand and values
- Partner with the Customer Retention Manager on appropriate messaging and content for Volusion’s email campaigns
- Collaborate with Volusion’s Marketing leads on identifying content requirements for upcoming marketing projects/initiatives and manage the creation and execution of these content needs
We are looking for someone with:
- Digital Media Delivery Expert – Social, SEO/Content etc.
- Experience with B2B & B2C Content
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent leadership skills - Ability to manage a team of highly creative and professional reporters
- Strong understanding of Social Media
- Experience in multi-media approach to news.
- Video production/agency management experience a plus
- A degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or other relevant areas of study
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knack for pairing hard data with an intuitive understanding of consumer behavior
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings
**Please provide a cover letter (we do read them). Answer this for us- "Why Volusion"? What do I mean by that? Tell me why you applied, what about Volusion is interesting to you, and something about yourself.
Meet Some of Volusion's Employees
Partner Development Manager
Justin teams up with the Business Development Team to manage channel partnerships, affiliate programs, and the Volusion Experts Network, all to ensure clients connect with their merchants.
Back to top