At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of entrepreneur that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you.
As a Database Engineer, you will assist in the development of data warehouse information architecture, optimize SQL performance, and provide operational support to our high availability Microsoft SQL Server Warehouse infrastructure. An ideal candidate will be an extremely proficient DBA specifically with experience in Data Warehousing concepts (ETL and Dimensional Modeling methodologies.)
What you will embark on:
- Design, implement and maintain SQL Server infrastructure for Data Warehouse dimensional model database and supporting databases.
- Assist in the development SSIS package for ETL data load processes into the Data Warehouse database and supporting databases.
- Develop and Optimize SQL Queries leverage by ETL ,reporting processes and for data analysis.
- Responsible for designing and maintaining High Availability solution for SQL Server 2008/2012 Enterprise Edition on Windows Failover Clustering environments and SQL Server Availability Groups
- Backup and restore procedures for Warehouse databases using various strategies (log shipping, LightSpeed, etc.)
- Plan for non-transactional data storage for reporting and analytics
- Database Schema design and architecture planning
- Create SSRS Reports as needed.
- Profile source system data as needed to provide feedback for business requirements
- Analyze and verify Data Warehouse data.
- Assist in the design, build and maintenance of SSAS cubes.
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience Microsoft SQL Server database administration
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications is a MUST.
- Scripting and .NET knowledge
- Experience with ETL (SSIS) and Data Warehousing (SSAS)
- Highly organized, self-starter with an eye for detail who can maintain multiple ongoing projects simultaneously
- Must be a team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings
Back to top