Windows Kernel developer
- Pune, India
Windows Kernel developer:
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide are committed to building a community where outstanding people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem tackle for tomorrow today.
Carbon Black is now part of VMware.As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Predictive Security Cloud (PSC) platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, youhave the opportunity tomake an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success
We're hiring a senior software engineer with kernel-level programming knowledge and strong troubleshooting and analytical skills to incorporate the Voice of the Customer (VoC) into our award-winning products. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll solve complex software problems by reviewing large bodies of code, quickly assessing intricate environments, and designing solutions on the fly that incorporate data compiled from customers' expectations, preferences, and aversions. By leveraging data about customers' wants and needs, we can more effectively prioritize activities that improve overall customer satisfaction.
You'll work closely with Product Management, Professional Services, and Customer Support teams, to shorten time-to-resolution of customer reported product issues. The ideal candidate will be energized by solving challenging problems across the Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems, helping our team, company, and customers succeed with the tools we provide. If you're dedicated to providing consistent customer satisfaction, this role is for you!
What You'll Do
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of customer-reported product issues (including: examining product logs, system logs, software traces, memory dumps, and other system debug information)
- Fix complex product defects and participate in code review and our SDLC (Software Development LifeCycle) best practices
- Work with development teams to add product enhancements related to supportability - enhancements you as a VoC engineer are in a unique position to have knowledge of
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal stakeholders as well as customers to drive resolution of technical issues
- Be proactive, self-motivated and attentive to detail when solving highly complex, escalated problems
- Work well under pressure in a highly kinetic environment
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- Solid experience developing or supporting an enterprise-class application, addressing product issues and driving corrective actions
- Expert knowledge in C/C++ and related software development tools
- Expert knowledge of debugging and crash dump analysis in Windbg
- Experience with kernel level programming on Windows (Mac or Linux a plus)
- Experience with tools like Process Monitor, Wireshark, and Windows Performance Toolkit
- Experience with code management and bug tracking tools
- BSCS degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with reverse engineering, threat detection, performance, and quality
- Knowledge of security software
- Experience with relational databases (MS-SQL, SQLite)
- Practical experience with scripting languages like Python and Powershell, object-oriented and generic programming
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top