VSphere Kubernetes Director of Product Marketing
- Palo Alto, CA
Modern applications are now built in the cloud, using containers, Kubernetes and services of every kind. Further, rapid application development and DevOps practices have forever changed the process of building and deploying apps.
For years, vSphere has been far and away the leading platform for deploying the workloads that run today's applications. Hundreds of thousands of customers of all sizes from around the world run more than 70 million workloads every day on vSphere: the infrastructure that now dominates the computing landscape.
We are transforming vSphere to dominate the next decade of infrastructure just as it has the previous two decades. We have introduced new technologies that have taken the market by storm, unifying VMs, containers and Kubernetes, and we are accelerating our innovation. Regardless of where the application should run - on-prem, in the cloud, or in a hybrid cloud - or how it was built - using containers and Kubernetes or traditional architectures or both - vSphere is the platform that enables our customers to concentrate on the business value they need to provide rather than on the infrastructure they need to use.
Join our team of leaders and innovators who are responsible for developer evangelism, product and technical marketing to propel vSphere to the next level.
vSphere has proven messaging, routes to market, and brand awareness in the traditional IT space. We need to create the same level of enthusiasm with the people who build and deploy modern applications, where vSphere has a lower profile today. We work with a wide range of teams internally and externally, but vSphere Product Marketing is ultimately responsible for creating and driving the go-to-market strategy and execution for Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU) to optimize our mindshare and revenue in the Kubernetes-based application segment.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze the opportunities for maximizing vSphere revenue for workloads that utilize Kubernetes, craft an overall plan to seize the opportunities, and drive the strategy to fruition in partnership with other internal teams
- Working as a key member of our vSphere product marketing team, provide strategic product marketing guidance and tactical execution on everything related to our Kubernetes efforts.
- Be a vocal and visible advocate for vSphere products in all relevant communities
- Develop positioning and messaging that leads our customers to conclude that our solution is the only one worth considering
- Craft stories and narratives to excite our customers and sales teams and communicate the stories through innovative content.
- Fully enable our sales teams and create sales tools to enable all our sales channels to be effective.
- Develop and execute go-to-market programs
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes, containers and the ecosystem.
- Excellent presentation, persuasion, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to create strategies and drive them through execution
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to navigate multiple teams with multiple stakeholders and sometimes conflicting agendas.
Broad and extensive product marketing experience and skills
- Ability to work across the VMware and customer organizations at multiple levels: from sales to products to marketing, and from individual contributor to CEO
- Ability to participate and lead in the product process: defining which segments and markets to target and which capabilities are needed in each
- Technical understanding of vSphere products and ecosystems.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top