vSphere DRS/SDRS, C++ Developer
- Bangalore, India
VMware Cloud Resource Management team is seeking an engineer to develop and enhance the vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) and Storage Distributed Resource Scheduler (SDRS) technology.
The vSphere DRS and SDRS technologies provide efficient initial placement and resource balancing for Virtual Machines (VM) workloads in a distributed cluster environment.
We are looking for engineers with high levels of ownership and who thrive in an open, innovative and technology-driven culture.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Define, implement, and support large & complex software modules that are part of the VMWare vSphere DRS/SDRS product.
- Design, implement, test & debug DRS functionality.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle in a DevOps work environment
- Responsible for delivering design & functional specifications.
- Provide detailed scheduled estimates for development efforts.
- Masters/Bachelors in computer science with 6+ years of experience with distributed systems and/or high availability systems.
- Strong fundamentals in Distributed Systems, Concurrency, Clustering, and Multi-threaded systems.
- Strong C++ coding experience
- Significant C++ coding experience and algorithms development
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and demonstrated ability to add value and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of working vSphere technologies
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top