Senior Software Engineer - vSAN (Shanghai, China)
VMware is the world leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions. We empower our 400,000 customers by simplifying, automating, and transforming the way they build, deliver, and consume IT. We are a passionate and innovative group of people, comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers spread across the world.
VMware® vSAN™ is radically simple, hypervisor converged storage for virtual machines. It delivers enterprise-class, high performance storage for virtualized applications, including business-critical applications. The scale-out architecture leveraging x86 servers and server-side flash drastically lowers overall storage TCO. Its seamless integration with VMware vSphere® and the entire VMware stack makes it the simplest storage platform for virtual machines.
• Own the design and development of a component, sub-system or feature of VMware vSAN product
• Own the product quality by developing testing code, analyzing, and resolving product defects
• Work with product manager, architects, and senior tech leaders to produce project plan or prototype new product features
• Communicate with all stakeholders and team mates locally and remotely for schedules, progress, and technical issues
• Mentoring and coaching the junior team members
• 6+ years hands on experience in C, C++ and Python programming languages
• Strong experiences and good knowledge of software development in Linux environment
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and able to handle multiple tasks with proper priorities
• Experiences of work with oversea teams and be comfortable with multiple nations company cultures
• Good communication skills and proactive attitude for taking initiatives
• Bachelor or above in Computer Science or related technical degree is required
• Good understanding of data center environment includes distributed systems, storage, network, and compute virtualization is a plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.