VMware Tanzu Value Advisor
Tanzu Value Advisor
(Domain Expertise: Industry, Application Development, Organization Transformation, and Senior Leadership through change)
About Us VIDEO
In Swahili, 'tanzu' means the growing branch of a tree. In Japanese, 'tansu' refers to a modular form of cabinetry. At VMware, Tanzu represents our growing portfolio of solutions to help you build, run and manage modern apps. We help customers develop cloud-native apps and maintain existing apps side-by-side, on the same enterprise-grade platform.
You have expertise in driving change in how enterprises build great modern applications. You know how to changing the software development lifecycle and want to be part of the next wave of cloud-native applications. You have extensive knowledge of the software development landscape to help the sales and field engineering teams to propose the most optimal solutions for our customers. Above all, you have a customer-focused mindset, can persuade and drive change in complex organizations. You want to partner with a small, focused set of customers, and celebrate their transformation and outcomes with them .
VMware has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries build, run, and manage software better. We are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
An Tanzu Value Advisor is a leader who specializes in a domain area such as application architecture, application development, digital strategy, transformation or security. They maintain deep technical knowledge in this area, as well as sufficient breadth in multiple industry verticals in order to effectively apply their domain expertise within each vertical. They have experience and skills in finance, transformation and can operate at the most senior levels at our customers.
This role is rooted in:
- Deep personal experience driving and leading Modern Application development change in a particular industry vertical (healthcare, finserv, retail, manufacturing, telecom/service provider)
- Being able to bring that experience to help transform other similar customers through the powers of persuasion.
Account Focused Activities 50%
- The Tanzu Value Advisor is expected to spend 50% of their time working or influencing leaders and executives at strategic clients with them or their teams.
- Assigned to 2 strategic accounts (mainly focused on designated Strategic Pursuit Accounts) with a need for advisory services in the advisor's domain expertise ie Health Sector Digital Transformation.
- Strategic thought leadership is developed and delivered in the accounts through POVs (Point of Views) and a successful candidate becomes a trusted advisor to leadership in the named accounts
- Participates in the Strategic Pursuit Program, helping deliver the VMware Tanzu related elements of the transformation proposal for Strategic Accounts designated for VMWare.
- Assigned to new opportunities focused primarily in AMER that pertain to the domain expertise of the candidate as capacity is available.
- Variable compensation is contingent upon North America obtaining sales targets and renewals
Market Focused Activities 25%
- The Tanzu Value Advisor is expected to spend up to 25% of their time on market-focused activities.
- Lead discussions and talks in development org transformations and new ways of working in a cloud native way.
- Continual learning about the domains of Cloud Native application development (technologies, approaches, cultural elements) and the Kubernetes ecosystem.
- The goal is to take 2 months of self-guided learning and condense presentations to 1- 2 hours of compelling storytelling to engage current and future clients.
- Heavy focus on demonstrating application architecture and best practices (triggering the "how did they understand our development practices so quickly" reaction)
- Less of a focus on pushing products. Instead, build trust by showing a better understanding of potential product market fit (and building a solid business case for sales reps to target products and solution through a trusted customer partnership)
Personal Development Activities 25%
- Continue personal brand activities such as book contributions, public speaking, and attendance at conferences.
- Understand our technical portfolio of products and how they are used to enable the best practices in development.
- Track Record of being able to interact and deliver outcomes at senior levels in enterprises
- Must be an executive level polished speaker who has demonstrated exec level influence in the past.
- Must be able to create business value propositions while quickly understanding complex systemic problems within enterprises
- Must be proactive in establishing relationships that are needed internally and externally to solve client problems
- Experience as an executive is a plus.
- Be considered a thought leader in their area of domain expertise and continue to work on their craft.
- This role requires most client interactions to be in person with travel up to 50%. International travel supporting global accounts may be expected to be no more than 1-3 times a year. (No travel during Covid)
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top