Visual Designer (Maternity Replacement)
- Sofia, Bulgaria
We are a passionate dedicated team that moves fast, upholds design quality, values consistency and simplicity, and focuses on customers and their needs. We work together and value "we" over "me". We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build a design system that is used by product teams around the world. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We are a team that "gets it done" together. We are not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together.
We love what we do and our design system is the foundation for products that are used by hundreds of thousands of individuals and organizations.
A Clarity Visual Designer is responsible for the creation and curation of illustrations, logos, and visual design patterns that will be utilized all across the company. The Clarity Visual Designer will be expected to interact with a variety of stakeholders and deliver designs that adhere to our quality standards in a timely fashion. This process will involve a capacity for continuous iteration, collaboration, and managing expectations and requirements for community members inside and outside of our organization.
A Clarity Visual Designer is expected to:
- Work with other designers and product management to prioritize various design and illustration needs.
- Design product iconography, logos, and illustrations that adhere to accepted quality standards and illustration styles established by the Clarity team.
- Meet with teams outside of our organization to understand their use cases and requirements for product illustrations.
- Coordinate with the design, product management, and engineering leadership across the organization to improve UX standards, quality, and design thinking.
- Verify and improve on illustration styles and processes through reviews and a commitment to continuous improvement and quality.
- Ideate and iterate rapidly on visual designs and illustrations. Speed and agility are extremely important.
- Evolve patterns, styles, and best practices with a forward-thinking mindset that is open to exploring new ideas and approaches.
- Grow community interest and promote our design accomplishments with communities both inside and outside of our organization.
What we look for:
- Expert skills in visual design with a grasp of composition and color theory.
- Excellent aesthetic sense and attention to detail.
- Expert skills in illustration applications like Sketch and Adobe Illustrator.
- Expert understanding of typography and layout.
- Ability to enhance written explanations with simple, yet clear, illustrations.
- Agile, adaptable, and capable of iteration and collaboration across many priorities.
- Commitment to visual quality and consistency across a number of applications and use cases.
- Interest in collaboration with interaction designers and UX researchers to improve quality standards and visual styles across the Clarity Design System.
- Experience with conducting rapid visual iterations.
- Online portfolio.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top