Vice President Product Management - Cloud Automation
- Palo Alto, CA
Business Summary: Cloud Management/Cloud Automation
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. With Fiscal 2019 revenues of $8.97 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com. VMware is firmly committed to being a great place to work, with a strong focus on work life balance and employee friendly initiatives. It has repeatedly made lists of top 100 places to work.
Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in cloud technology? This can be realized through our Cloud Management Business Unit (CMBU). CMBU had revenues of over $1.9B last year and grew over 30% YOY. We are transforming the way enterprises run and manage their cloud infrastructure. Amidst the rapid growth of VMware Cloud Management Platform (CMP) offering, VMware's Cloud Automation Suite has a market leading position.
VMware is seeking an experienced software executive to lead product management for our Cloud Automation product suite within the Cloud Management Business Unit. The Cloud Automation business had revenues of over $500M last year, with significant YOY growth. This executive will bring a compelling, established record of success in high quality enterprise software organizations, ideally including larger company experience. Precise industry experience in VMware's domain is not necessary but a good understanding of highly scalable, Cloud-ready software design with experience in Analytics and IT Infrastructure/Application Management would be highly desirable. The successful candidate will have broad enterprise software and managerial experience in a multi-location environment. The VP Product Management will have proven and significant team building, communication & leadership skills.
Reporting to Vice President Products for the Cloud Management Business Unit this individual will have responsibility for thought leadership and defining the Cloud Automation product strategy; working with engineering to build products for the enterprise cloud marketplace; assist in defining and executing the go to market strategy; and identifying new market opportunities.
Working closely with the engineering team, Cloud Automation customers, executive leadership, and sales & marketing teams, the VP Product Management will leverage his/her technical, analytical, process and strategic skills towards executing high impact, value added opportunities that will drive the next phase of growth for VMware and CMBU via next generation products. The role requires an individual with strong leadership who can create and evangelize a transformative vision for VMware's Cloud Automation direction; collaborate with and drive a strong team of innovators and engineers to continue VMware's tradition of building groundbreaking products; help develop new ideas based on industry experience, and nurture a vibrant ecosystem to deliver infrastructure products that are optimized for the enterprise Cloud market.
The role requires an individual with strong analytical, leadership, and partnering skills. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture, see-around-the-bend vision; and the drive, influencing skills and ability to collaborate with R&D and Executive Staff to transform that vision into a reality. He/she must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems and find innovative solutions for the broader cloud management market.
- Guiding and augmenting a world-class product management team - the VP will manage and develop an exemplary team of approximately 15 product directors and managers who can lead the company into its next phase of growth
- Aligning the cloud automation vision with the overall company goals and vision
- Leading the definition of next-generation system and cloud management technologies
- Lead and support M&A activities and other key projects for the Business Unit
- Overseeing the product development process from inception to product delivery
- Partnering with product and technical marketing to ensure the proper positioning and evangelization of VMware technologies within the broader infrastructure software market
- Working closely with sales to identify and address broad industry trends
- Nurture and grow partnerships, internally and externally, in order to continue to build out the cloud management platform
- At least 10 years of experience in product management
- At least 5-7 years' experience managing a sizeable team (10 - 15+) of product managers
- Specific enterprise systems and cloud management domain experience in large and/or small start-up companies required
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication/presentation skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions
- Strong awareness of technology trends and their potential influence on VMware's business
- Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views
- Creates an inclusive, collaborative and fun way of sharing experience and learnings
- BA/BS required, in Computer Science or related technical degree preferred, MBA desirable
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top