- Sofia, Bulgaria
VMware is seeking a talented UX Researcher with technical experience and deep understanding of the UX Process and Methodologies. The ideal candidate would have experience in creating a variety of UX deliverables and formulating actionable next steps. The role will involve a lot of in person interviewing and journey mapping, so you would be someone who is not afraid to ask questions and lead the conversation.
Experience with early concepts and ideas, data visualization, UI and interaction design would be considered a plus.
- Help the organization understand the challenges our colleagues face with the tools, processes and services they are provided with.
- Identify key research areas and questions and address them through a wide range of methods.
- Create research strategy and shape the development of an innovative and colleague-centered experience across platforms and channels.
- Emphasize and communicate the needs of our colleagues with stakeholders.
- Help to shape the understanding of user research within VMware and evolve the research process to best suit internal needs.
- Collaborate closely with international team of interaction designers, developers and user researchers,
- Participate and contribute to testing and validation of products from rough concepts to high-fidelity prototypes,
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to create a variety of UX Deliverables, such as Journey Maps, Service Blueprints, Personas, etc.
- In-depth understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods including in-depth interviews, focus groups, usability testing, surveys, ethnographic studies.
- Strong ability to translate research findings into relevant insights and communicate them to all stakeholders through great storytelling.
- Programming knowledge - data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Good operational knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or familiarity with prototyping tools is a big plus.
- Degree in Design, Social Sciences (Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology), HCI or related field.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
- As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top