User Experience Designer
Carbon Black is now part of VMware.As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growingCarbon Black Cloudplatform that delivers next-generation endpointand workloadprotection capabilities from the cloud.The adversaries we fight are creative and relentless. The gauntlet has been thrown.Now with the full resources of VMware, youhave the opportunity tomake an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success.
We're looking for anexperienceduserexperiencedesigner with serious interaction design expertise, who's charged up by working on complex UX challenges. An eternal student always on the lookout for new promising techniques to make users' lives easier and keep data safer.Inyourrole, you'll collaboratewithcross-functional teams to design and deliver solutions that make it easy for our customers tokeeptheir organizations secure.You are well-informed, strategic when advocating for the user's experience, and eager to deliver customer value.
Why UX @ Carbon Black VMware
Our Security UX team of designers, content strategists, and researchers share your passion for bringing great UX to the enterprise space. We're customer-centric andconnect directly with customers and prospects on a regular basis.We work closely with both product management, and with engineering in a collaborative partnership.
What You'll Do
- Create engaging, clear designs that enable rapid decision-making by security analysts, and admins in IT infrastructure and dev ops
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to understand business priorities and technical possibilities
- Work effectively across a distributed team as necessary
- Explore design possibilities with teammates by creating quick sketches, refine interactions and info architecture through wireframes, prototypes, or mocks
- Participatein userresearch to help inform customer needs and product designs
- Analyze effectiveness and efficiency of proposed designs decisively
- Communicate design alternatives with confidence, and absorb feedback with grace
- Provide guidance to engineers as your designs get built into products
- 5 years' experience delivering user experiences for complex SaaS applications (not just websites)
- Excellence in interaction design, information architecture, and data visualization
- Ability to apply established styles and leverage established patterns
- Expertise in design facilitation, with a solid understanding of research techniques and best practice
- Success on both blank-slate initiatives and on projects for established platforms and products
- Ability to estimate UX work, assess and mitigate risk, and make tough prioritization calls, coordinating operationally with cross-functional team leads
- Facility in presenting to and interacting with customers and prospects
- Experience in at least one project in the security technology space is a huge bonus.
For positions located in Colorado: The base salary range starts from ($95,000). Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-085.
For serious consideration, please link to a portfolio or work samples.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top