Upgrade Support Engineer
- Bangalore, India
Workspace ONE (Previously called AirWatch) is the global leader and innovator in enterprise-grade Mobile Security, Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management, Mobile Email Management, and Mobile Content Management solutions designed to simplify mobility.
Workspace ONE empowers organizations across a wide variety of industries to deploy, secure, track and handle all of their mobile assets with advanced analytics and reporting. With Workspace ONE, corporate IT departments can streamline and automate the management and support of mobile devices; reduce the cost and effort of device deployments, and increase IT efficiencies and response times.
As the largest mobile device management provider, Workspace ONE offers the most comprehensive mobility management solution and delivers an integrated, real-time view of an entire fleet of corporate and employee-owned Apple iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian, and Windows devices.
• Windows Active Directory and Certificate Management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; is able to explain technical topics in simple terms; is able to think quickly and react to client-impacting situations
• Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations
• Strong understanding of specific mobile device platforms - any one of the following Mobile platforms (IOS, Windows and Android)
• Understanding of mobile device communication and web application structure
• Knowledge of current mobile device trends
• Understanding of Mail clients, share point, proxy servers
• Overall Work experience of 1 to 4 Years in Technical domain
• Willingness to work in a 24/7 shift environment
Basic understanding of some of the following technologies:
• MS-SQL, Mail Server - Added Advantage
• Wireless hardware, networks and respective components
• Client Server architecture
• Experience with server configuration a plus: Windows Server 2008 / 2003, Linux Forms (Ubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat, OpenSuse), Web server platforms (IIS, Apache)
• Exchange 2010/2013/O365 or Google apps for business
Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment
Logical approach to problem solving
Roles and Responsibilities:
Member will be an integral part of the Global WS1 Self- Upgrades team assisting with customer rollbacks and issue resolution on errors during upgrade
· Assist with migration of cloud-based WS1 products including but not limited to ENSv2, SEGv2, Tunnel or Gateway components
· Assist with First time installs for limited cloud-based WS1 products including SEG, Tunnel, UAG & vIDM components
· Assist with upgrade issues for On-Premise components for the WS1 solution
· Demonstrate internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
· Build new knowledge base articles to bring together new learning's for reuse throughout the organization.
· Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
· Regular follow-ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
· Bring up issues a time according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Equal employment opportunity statement:
Workspace ONE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. Workspace ONE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, in accordance with applicable state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As a Technical Support member, you will have the responsibility to support Workspace ONE (previously Workspace ONE) SDK customers. You will work closely with our Global Support Services teams, Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top