UI Engineer, Workspace ONE Intelligence
- Sofia, Bulgaria
VMware software powers the world's complex digital infrastructure. The company's compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. This year VMware crossed $10B in revenue reporting a total of $10.811B for the fiscal year 2020. The Company is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has over 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners worldwide.
VMware End-User Computing runs the world's largest Digital Workspace Platform - Workspace ONE. With over 60,000 customers around the globe, our End-User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise, especially in these challenging times for the companies worldwide.
Our team builds, deploys and operates the AWS-based cloud service known as Workspace ONE Intelligence. Our goal is to transform the way customers interact with the digital workspace. We are passionate about rapidly developing high-quality software and applying automation and software engineering best practices to everything we do. Continuous improvement is part of our DNA.
We work with the latest AWS technologies and open source components. Our technology stack includes 15+ dockerized Java/Spring-based microservices and many AWS services including Lambda, Kinesis, Aurora, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Glue, and EMR/Spark.
As a member of the team, you'll have the opportunity to work with experienced, passionate, and fun-loving software engineers across Atlanta, Bangalore, Palo Alto, and Sofia.
Review the Workspace ONE Intelligence Series or Workspace ONE Intelligence Lightboard on YouTube to learn more about the platform we develop. You can also find information at https://www.vmware.com/products/workspace-one/intelligence.html.
Our team is seeking a frontend engineer with proven technical skills and demonstrated sustained growth in his or her career. You are someone who comes up with rock solid designs and never compromises on code quality. If you thrive on challenges and if you have a strong sense of ownership, this is the right team for you. You will be interfacing with product management, our UX team, and other groups within engineering to define and deliver the required solutions. You will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, debugging and performance tuning.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Delivering responsive, high performance and scalable user interfaces using the most cutting-edge frameworks
- Learning and applying new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns
- Contributing to end-to-end system architecture, working with back-end engineers
- Collaborating with UX team, product managers and other technical teams to create delightful user experience.
- Automation testing. For features that you build, design and implement effective automation tests for our CI/CD pipeline.
- Instrumenting your code to collect metrics for monitoring and supportability
- Addressing issues found in the CI pipeline or production
- Code reviews (via Bitbucket)
- 3+ years of professional front-end development experience
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Deep knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Creating self-contained, scalable, reusable, and testable modules and UI components
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks
- Creating e2e test suites for all components, and running them with CodeceptJS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high degree of "ownership" - the ability to determine what needs to be done and make it happen
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Visual design and CSS
- Good grasp on usability and interaction design
- Knowledge in front end architecture (Redux, Flux, Reactive Programming)
- Knowledge of Java & J2EE and microservices
- Knowledge of front end dev ops (NPM, Jenkins, Docker, Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous Integration environments, etc.)
For more information refer to the following links:
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top