UI Applications Developer Angular Full Stack
- Bangalore, India
Why Choose VMware
VMware is an EPIC2 community (read about our values and our journey on our career page:https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware ). We have been listed on Fortune's 100 Best Places to Work several times. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally and personally. Our employees are passionate and enthusiastic, and they come to work every single day to help transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities where everyone is inspired to achieve success on their own terms.
The applications developer will be part of IT enterprise applications and platform development team. Our organization develop, build and supports Enterprise Help Desk system and the productization effort, Search Platform, VMWare's intranet, Identity and Access Management System and custom Legal and HR applications. We aimed to bring colleague productivity and experience to the next level. The position will participate in building innovative applications using latest technologies like K8s, modern UI framework, machine learning, search engines, decoupled CMS and combine with Agile development, CI/CD and dev-ops practices to achieve high performance delivery model.
- As an Engineer in our team, you will design, code, test and debug quality software programs.
- Deliver robust, scalable quality software products on time.
- Implement unit and functional tests using mock frameworks to deliver high quality software products.
- Work in a dynamic Agile development environment and being adaptable to changing requirements.
- Create technical design documentation
- Provide both Production and non-Production application support
- Intense eagerness to learn, ready to dive deep into complex problems.
- Continuously review the product and code for optimizations and performance improvements.
- Evaluate and recommend newer technologies to bring into the platform.
- Lead and mentor other engineers in the team.
- Minimum 5- 8 years of experience on software development experience with UI technologies
- Strong experience of web markup including HTML5, CSS3, LESS/SAAS and Bootstrap
- Experience in developing full stack web applications using NodeJS backend, with creating and consuming RESTful/RPC APIs with Nodejs
- Minimum an year of experience with MEAN Full Stack paradigm.
- Familiarity in using client-side testing tools like Karma, Jest or Mocha. E2E Testing tools like Protractor. Test coverage tools like Istanbul etc.
- Strong software design and architectural skills in object-oriented and functional programming styles.
- Expert skills with one or more version control systems - ideally Git.
- Passion for elegant user interface and design.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
- Be self-motivated and proactively manage time and tasks.
- Familiarity with any backend like Java/PHP/Python/Nodejs (Highly preferred)
- Familiarity with Microservices and Serverless architectures.
- Experience with industry leading CI/CD practices and build configuration management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top