VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Built on VMware's industry-leading virtualization technology, our solutions deliver a brave new model of IT that is fluid, instant and more secure. Customers can innovate faster by rapidly developing, automatically delivering and more safely consuming any application. With Fiscal 2018 revenues of $7.92 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 75,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com .
At its best, VMware is a place, where we are valued for the complete people we are, where extraordinary progress is achieved for ourselves, our teams, our company, our customers, and our communities - and where even more progress is desired and expected. VMware is a powerful platform for all of who we are - individual, colleague, pioneer, citizen - a place where empowerment, accountability, and responsibility become the traits of ownership, and where each of us can own our future and achieve success through our own actions, on our terms. With 20,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities.
Why work for our Division/Group
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the "best of the best" supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
As Technical Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to both staff and customers who are working to implement VMware either On-Prem or Cloud solutions. You will be also responsible for establishing and maintaining relationship with VMware top customers - Production, Business Critical, Mission Critical and Premier Partner Support customers. Technical Support Engineer: Emerging Products Group - Tanzu
- Deploy, upgrade and troubleshoot the Service and the Customers' on-prem/Cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with team, take challenges and work with minimal supervision
- Open to learn and work on new technologies
- Stay on top of customer reported issues, regularly communicate with customers, sales account teams, BU/Product Management and Engineering.
- Support various customer enablement and partner events - deliver public speaking and presentations
- Provide world-class customer service throughout the entire lifecycle of customer adoption.
- Work independently or as part of a team on engagements with customers, often in a technical leadership role to ensure customer retention and to drive customer value realization.
- Be able to drive and increase visibility of escalated support issues for BU key accounts as needed.
- Identify and implement the use of various public & Pvt cloud services and offerings.
- Experience dealing with various global customers, maintaining and establishing relationship with them
- Capable of running status calls with the customers to keep them up to date with all relevant opened issues, and on-going projects
- Able to handle escalations with demanding customers at a technical and management level
- Flexible to work in shifts, Night shifts, Weekends & Holidays. (Predominantly Night Shift EST & PST)
Desirable Technical Skills/Experience
- 3 - 10 years of Relevant work experience. Bachelors in CS preferred.
- Solid exposure with VMware ESX Server and other VMware products
- Good knowledge/Experience Cloud operations and support (VMC, AWS, OVH, IBM cloud )
- Experience in administering Linux systems in a production environment
- Experience in networking/connectivity - Core Networking / NSX
- Hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX based operating systems including strong CLI skill set and working knowledge of general system and network troubleshooting tools
- Good understanding of transactional, NoSQL and time series databases
- Good Experience in microservices (docker, Kubernetes, containers) will be added advantage
- DevOps tools knowledge and experience (Ansible, Terroform, Yaml, Github) will be added advantage
- Proficiency in python/shell scripting will be added advantage
- Understanding of key technology solution/language/tools e.g. CloudStack, OpenStack, AWS, KVM, libvirt, Chef, Puppet, Python, CMS, DynamicOps, API, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.