Test Automation Engineer
- Sofia, Bulgaria
The Skyline engineering group is looking for talented software engineers to grow our platform engineering team. This work will play a key part in transforming our customers' user experience by using data to build a more personalized approach to providing prescriptive best practices, resolving technical issues and predicting imminent issues before they occur. If you like working with big data or creating robust services around that data, this job may be for you!
Our software includes on-premise data collection along with a backend data services layer, built using a combination of Java and Python and designed to be highly modular with non-disruptive updates. Members of the platform engineering team should be familiar with the collection of data at scale, graph data structures, creation/interaction with RESTful API services and the considerations and tradeoffs that need to be made for high volume/high-frequency data and transportation systems. Engineers should have experience with developing enterprise software that could handle sensitive information and all the legal, security and risk considerations that are applicable. Well-qualified candidates should also understand the concepts of continuous deployment pipelines built with robust, automated testing and orchestration.
- Writing high-quality automation integration test cases
- Writing high-quality automation End to End test cases
- Writing high-quality automation API test cases
- Contributing to our performance and load automated testing
- Maintaining the existing automation test cases
- Improving the functionality of our existing automation framework
- Writing high-quality manual test cases
- Working closely with the Product Managers to define and clarify the requirements
- Executing the regression test suite for the application
- Contributing to the improvement of the development and release process
- Preparation of periodical reports and their presentation
- Participation in team meetings
- Experience in Java or other programming languages.
- Understanding of OOP
- Previous experience with testing of web-based software applications
- Experience in analyzing software specifications, designing, implementation and executing of test cases and procedures
- 3+ years of proven software testing experience
- Experience with test management tools and bug tracking tools
- Experience working with CI integrations
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Experience with working with distributed teams
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- Fluency in English
Any of the following abilities and skills will be considered as an advantage
- Experience in Linux OS, Bash Scripting, Jenkins and continuous integration
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top