- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sr. Enterprise Account Manager
Reporting to: Country Director, UAE
The Account team is a high-energy, passionate team of salespeople with a passionate desire to succeed and drive the digital transformation within the commercial market in Abu Dhabi UAE. Although you are an individual contributor within the business, you will be part of a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement. You will have the opportunity to craft and execute on your business plan through you own efforts and through the management of your virtual sales team.
We are looking for proven and experienced, but dynamic and creative Account Manager for the UAE focused on commercial accounts in the Emirates of Abu Dhabi in UAE. This person will be responsible for a wide range of accounts , from strategic accounts requiring regular access at C level to small transactional accounts requiring strong channel coordination.
The commercial market has changed dramatically in the past 3 years in terms of digital strategy and technology adoption, and as such, you will be skilled in the translation between digital business goals for a department and the technology solutions selection to deliver these goals.
We want someone who will be able to align, influence, and deliver on the entire VMware portfolio including Application Modernization, Security, hybrid and public cloud services, End User Computing, and Software Defined Data Center solutions.
We are looking for a strong sales individual who has both strong customer network, as well as partner network in the UAE, experience with this community at senior level, can prioritize and is adept at building solid, repeatable business propositions.
You will have experience of getting results through your own sales engagements and through harnessing the power of the channel as well as a deep understanding of the fast changing environment within the commercial space and how the drive for digital services, cloud first strategies and cost savings can be used to build positive relationships and to deliver significant sales success. A consistent record of successful and smart selling in this meaningful and changing business environment is crucial.
What will you be doing?
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales targets and build a rolling 12+ month pipeline so that you can Build a strong and balanced business across a defined list of accounts in the region
- We want someone who can develop and lead customer & channel relationships that include CxO levels with a personal network at senior and influential level. You will develop and run sector relationships with a small number of key partners to provide scale and coverage across the entire account list
- Develop an account plan for each department, including an executive contact strategy
- Generate, drive, and lead large opportunities to completion and manage partners to help deliver other opportunities
What do we want?
- A High Performance Salesperson, preferably has been living in Abu Dhabi for at least the last 5 years
- We want significant and attested sales success in the sector over a 5-7 year period with experience of exceeding assigned goals and targets
- Someone who grows their business and expands into new areas. Development of pipeline from lead generation to close through own initiatives and engagements with partners
- Someone with leadership capabilities and management potential. We want to see experience of running a virtual team to harness skills and drive a coherent account plan
- Knowledge of how to sell to the commercial market space, and how to influence the influencers
- Demonstrable innovation and creativity.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Executive presence and credibility.
- High level of interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- High energy and passion for the sector itself and the team's success.
- Stable and consistent work history
- Own and lead the engagement with the CIO/CDIO, CTO and CISO for each of the top accounts
- Develop and grow personal relationships and influence with departmental leaders
- Grow VMware's wallet share in each department's digital service portfolio
- High energy, motivated self starter with strong leadership qualities
- Selling the complete VMware solution portfolio including products and services
- Learn and understand the assigned accounts' extended business model and craft offerings and solutions to meet their goals
- Become as intimate as possible with assigned accounts and bridge the gap to executives while increasing VMware consideration
- Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position within key accounts
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns while running a diverse set of partners within the same accounts
- Match the VMware solution to the customer's business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Forecasting and account/opportunity detail in SalesForce.com
- The role, responsibilities and geographical focus might change and develop over time along with the company's rapid growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top