Territory Account Manager
- Bangalore, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community - instigators of innovation and transformers of technology - as we envision and create what's next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 24,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Job Description: Territory Manager
VMware is seeking a Territory Manager at our Bangalore office. The Senior Territory Manager manager will be responsible for selling the company's products and services in his/her set of defined accounts. This role will be managing large accounts in the commercial space. The mission of this position is to solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic partner in the customer's business. Our solution set is viewed as a 'platform' within an account and changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment.
- Responsible for selling the complete VMware solution, products, and services within a list of large commercial accounts
- All-encompassing position that requires the individual to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
- Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position within most accounts
- Must be able to sell VMware solution as a 'platform' within an account and change the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment
- Match the VMware solution to the customer's business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Develop and maintain C-Level relationships in the accounts
- Ability to forecast the quarterly revenue for the territory and deliver the same in a linear manner
- Work with VMware channel partners to develop the patch
- Develop opportunities into working (real) funnel valued at 3-5 times expected revenue goals on an ongoing (quarterly/annual) basis
- Map and maintain relationships at all levels within the complete accounts echo system - IT Heads, policy makers, consultants, advisers, partners and other key decision makers and influencer's
- Work towards the long term goal of making accounts standardize on VMware solutions
- 12+ years of experience in related software industry with at least 10 years in a selling role to end customers.
- Should have managed large accounts
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Must have experience in selling in or around 'platform' sales such as Infrastructure Solutions - Cloud, servers, Storage, Networking etc
- Proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
- Self-starter with a high energy level
- Ability to work with all levels of individuals
- Proven track record of quota over-achievement
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical thoughts to everyday language
- Ability to articulate complex technical ideas
- Skilled in thinking strategically and tactically
- Ability to forecast accurately
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top