Territory Account Manager
- Oslo, Norway
Are you looking for a role to challenge yourself and develop your career?
VMware stands out from other organisations because of its strong corporate culture and EPIC2 values which encourage people to bring their authentic and innovative selves to work every day.
If you are considering VMware as a potential next employer, you couldn't have chosen a better time.
Today's digital transformation is driving fundamental changes in both business, and how business itself operates. VMware is at the heart of this transformation. We are passionate about four priorities for our customers; modernising the datacentre, integrating the public cloud, empowering the digital workspace and transforming security.
VMware is already the trusted platform for over 500,000 customers globally and this is your opportunity to be part of this recognised leader in innovation. We accelerate our customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to take a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building exceptional experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity. We are looking for a Territory Manager to become part of this, by joining our growing Commercial Sales team.
Realise what's possible by joining VMware.
What is the role?
You will lead a territory across a range of Norwegian industries and public sector organisations. You will have a customer centric approach to your accounts and be comfortable challenging your customers to do things differently. You will be field based and will be selling the complete portfolio of VMware solutions, both products and services - supported by a team of sales and pre-sales colleagues.
You will have responsibility for
- Owning the sales strategy and business plan for your territory
- Cultivating and developing relationships within your accounts
- Understanding your customers business issues and building appropriate solutions
- Leading customer engagement from CEO and CIO level to architects and software developers
- Develop and grow personal relationships and influence with departmental leaders
- Grow VMware's share of wallet in each department's digital service portfolio
- Driving the adoption and use of VMware's technologies
- Meeting and exceeding quarterly sales targets
- Building a rolling 12-month pipeline
- Accurately forecasting your business and closing opportunities in a timely manner
- Developing a strong long-term business, balanced across the VMware portfolio
What we are looking for:
- We love high energy, sales people
- We want you to be curious about your customers, their business and passionate about how you can help them
- Between 2 and 5 years experience selling into Enterprise scale customers
- Experience of selling Enterprise Software is desirable, but not essential, as attitude is more important for this role
- Credibility with Executive level engagement
- Demonstrable success of achieving and exceeding targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- To be successful you will understand how to get the best out of working with, and managing, a virtual team of specialist resources.
- You will also have strong collaboration skills which will help you to maximise the value of VMware's broad partner ecosystem.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top