“Technical Support Supervisor – Premier Support”
- Bangalore, India
VMware is the global leader and innovator in enterprise-grade Mobile Security, Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management, Mobile Email Management, and Mobile Content Management solutions designed to simplify mobility.
VMware Workspace ONE solution empowers organizations across a wide variety of industries to deploy, secure, track and manage all their mobile assets with advanced analytics and reporting. With Workspace ONE, corporate IT departments can streamline and automate the management and support of mobile devices; reduce the cost and effort of device deployments; and increase IT efficiencies and response times.
As the largest mobile device management provider, Workspace ONE offers the most comprehensive mobility management solution and delivers an integrated, real-time view of an entire fleet of corporate and employee-owned Apple iOS, Android, MacOS, ChromeOS and Windows devices.
Workspace ONE Video Library
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
VMware is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. VMware provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, in accordance with applicable state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As Technical Support Supervisor, you will have the responsibility to support customers. You will work closely with our Global Support Services teams, Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Role: Technical Support Supervisor
Location: Bangalore, India
Note: The team supports customers across different geographical regions (24*7), hence shifts may be determined based on business requirements.
- Provide superior technical support and service to the VMware Workspace One customer base
- Interface with the field, sales and service organizations and directly with the customer base on critical escalations and call resolution
- Manage and develop the support teams, including hiring, professional development and proactive project work
- Design, develop, and implement processes, systems, and technology to support and enhance the technical support function, including workflow and incident management
- Develop and implement practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the Technical Support Function
- Lead and/or being involved in Global Strategic Initiatives
- Work with VMware's engineering team to implement formal feedback mechanisms for incidents, causes, and resolutions
- Flexible to work in 24/7 support environment including weekends
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the software industry.
- Background in the development and management of support groups (including remote team), and 24x7 support operations
- Has a track record of building and managing specialized technical support teams
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization
- Experience in both small and large companies is highly desirable
- Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable
- Good written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
- Familiarity with CRM or incident tracking and management systems such as Salesforce, JIRA
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience, MBA a significant plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top