Technical Support Manager - Tanzu
- San Francisco, CA
VMware's Tanzu Support Services team focuses on one main mission: using our expertise in the cloud, virtualization, and digital transformation to provide superior customer support. Our team members bring expertise in several key lines of business, including Customer Solutions, Customer Success, Support Operations, Digital Platform, and Customer Advocacy. We use this wide array of knowledge to reimagine the entire customer experience, from adoption of solutions through utilization and support. That helps us create a more positive end-to-end customer experience and pursue our goal of creating VMware customers for life
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, VMware combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world's most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
You understand enterprise customer expectations of the technical support experience and judge your success by the happiness of your team and the success of your customers. Maybe you're interested in working for a cutting edge, agile technology start up, or perhaps you enjoy providing direct leadership and a solutions focus to a highly technical, motivated and driven team of support engineers. Either way, you know how to empower a trustworthy and diverse team, and enable a high-performance culture in delivering service excellence.
You bring a problem-solving mindset and are interested in continuously improving yourself, our support systems, products, and people.
In VMware Support, we are passionate about providing our software customers with the highest level of service. We work together around the globe, supporting customers 24x7. We believe in doing the right thing and working at a sustainable pace; typically 8 hours each day with occasional weekend support rotations.
We are also passionate about our people, building on individual strengths, and encouraging continuous learning and certifications. And, when you're off work, we want you to relax, recharge, and refocus.
- As a manager of support engineers, you lead your team s day to day activities as they resolve complex issues, contribute to VMware s internal and external knowledge base, and/or discussion forums. You help manage resource allocation, ticket distribution, and escalation handling.
- You proactively plan and forecast team availability and capacity in skill development to support VMware's proprietary and open source technologies.
- Your leadership aligns to VMware's global strategy. You motivate and lead a successful team by identifying skills within the team and growing subject matter experts to match demand.
- As a leader in supporting technical customers, you also build and maintain positive relationships with VMware's global support engineering management team, product engineering, program/ product management, field organizations, company executives, operations and customers.
- VMware believes collaborative, open-plan office space brings together talented, like-minded support engineers who enjoy taking advantage of our weekly Tech Talks, playing games, and hanging out.
Required Skills / Experiences
Our team members are all familiar, skilled, and/or experienced in some of the following:
- Success in leadership or managerial role, where accountability for success is proven.
- Proven experience leading support engineering teams in most of the following: coaching, training, performance management, career paths, technical and escalation guidance, including collaboration with an escalation management team.
- Knowledge of enterprise customer expectations of the technical support experience in order to help drive the management and execution of day-to day technical support activities, projects, personnel, products, performance metrics/standards, as well as strategic policies and directives for assigned areas.
- Ownership of work plans, technical direction, performance management and development of direct reports in assigned areas.
- Travel required up to 10%
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Bachelor's degree in Comp. Sci., Engineering (any), Business, Math, Physics, or related technical field
- Experience working in a software company/ start-up
- 5 or more years in technology industry
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Zendesk, Jira, Desk. com, Salesforce Service Cloud, Freshdesk
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top