Technical Support Engineer - (Workspace One - Premier Services)
- Bangalore, India
ABOUT Workspace One:
Workspace One is the global leader and innovator in enterprise-grade Mobile Security, Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management, Mobile Email Management, and Mobile Content Management solutions designed to simplify mobility.
Workspace One empowers organizations across a wide variety of industries to deploy, secure, track and manage all of their mobile assets with advanced analytics and reporting. With Workspace One, corporate IT departments can streamline and automate the management and support of mobile devices; reduce the cost and effort of device deployments; and increase IT efficiencies and response times.
As the largest mobile device management provider, Workspace One offers the most comprehensive mobility management solution and delivers an integrated, real-time view of an entire fleet of corporate and employee-owned Apple iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian and Windows devices.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
VMware is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. VMware provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, in accordance with applicable state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Workspace One Technical Support Engineer - Premier Services
As a Workspace One Technical Support Engineer you will be providing support to VMware customers, using Workspace One solutions, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Resolve customer's issues via the telephone, email or Webex session
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
- Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledge base articles to capture new learning's for reuse throughout the organization.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical training
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise
- Should have understanding and working knowledge of Android and iOS app development & SDK
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management (MDM) and web application structure
- Strong understanding of specific mobile device platforms - any one of the following Mobile platforms (IOS, Windows and Android)
- Strong understanding of Windows Active Directory / Certificate Management / Windows Server Management / Exchange / O365
- Basics of SQL, API and Linux knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; is able to explain technical topics in simple terms; is able to think quickly and react to client-impacting situations
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations
- Overall work experience of 2 to 8 Years in Technical domain
- Willingness to work in a 24/7 shift environment
Basic understanding of some of the following:
- Troubleshooting SDK and application development issues
- Knowledge of current mobile device trends
- Wireless hardware, networks and respective components
- Client Server architecture
- Experience with server configuration a plus: Windows Server 2012 / 2016, Linux Forms (Ubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat, OpenSuse), Web server platforms (IIS, Apache)
- Desktop Management (Windows / MacOS)
- Bachelor's Degree / Diploma in Engineering / Computer Science
- Experience in providing voice based Technical Support is a key requirement.
- Experience of working with global customers is an asset
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top