Technical Support Engineer, with French
- Cork, Ireland
Technical Support Engineer, with French
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where outstanding people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
About the Global Support Services Team:
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products.
GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the "best of the best" supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
What's in it for you?
- The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment -- one of energy, creativity, and collaboration
- The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial startup
We are guided in our efforts by a strong set of corporate values:
- Excellence and innovation
- Straightforwardness and open communications
- A sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life
- Delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers, and ourselves
- A passion for what we do and the value we deliver
As a member of the Global Services support team, you will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with some of VMware's most strategic customers and partners to drive their success. You will provide support to our customers, using VMware products, isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues. To be successful in this role, you are a highly motivated individual as well as a self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical and analytical skills; and be someone who welcomes challenges.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
- Work experience of 4+ Years in Technical domain.
- Willingness to work in a 24/7 shift environment
- Fluent FRENCH is compulsory for this role
- Networking domain knowledge including TCP/IP protocols
- Experience resolving system crashes and hardware related issues
- Understanding of Storage Hardware Architecture (Partitioning / RAID)
- Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems including (Windows, Linux, UNIX)
- Experience in providing Linux/UNIX and Windows technical support to customers
- Experience Troubleshooting 3rd party application integration
- Experience trouble-shooting / administrating SAN environments (Fiber Channel or iSCSI)
- Working knowledge of backup software (EMC Networker, VERITAS, NetBackup, Tivoli Storage Manager, Backup Exec)
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in providing voice based Technical Support is a key requirement.
- CCNP / VCP / VCAP / RHCE / MCSE / VCIX will be an added advantage.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top