Technical Support Engineer - Level 2 , Premier Support
- Bengaluru, India
Technical Support Engineer - 2 , Premier Support
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and tackle problems for tomorrow, today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
Are you ready to join this fast-growing team?
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues effectively and expertly. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical analytical skills and be someone who accepts challenges.
- Resolve customer's issues via the telephone, email or WebEx session
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back efficiently.
- Regular follow-ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learning's for reuse across the organization.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
- 7+years of experience working in Enterprise Technical Support dealing with various global customers, maintaining and establishing the relationship with them
- Capable of running status calls with the customers to keep them up to date with all the opened issues, and ongoing projects
- Experience in providing Windows/Unix/Linux/Storage/Networking technical support
- Good practical working ability with Windows/Linux/UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Logical approach to problem solving & Strong Troubleshooting experience
- Willingness to work in a 24x7 environment with flexibility to work across all shifts
- Availability on both Saturday & Sunday as per business needs
- Expertise in providing voice-based Technical Support is a key requirement
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred
- CCNA / VCP / RHCE / MCSE / VCAP is an added advantage
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top