Technical Support Engineer - Level 1/2/3 EUC- Horizon ( Windows/ Linux/ Cloud/ Storage/ Networking / AD)
- Bengaluru, India
As a Technical Support Engineer you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
• Work experience of 1-8 yrs. in Technical domain
• Resolve customer's issues via the telephone, email or WebEx session
• Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner.
• Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
• Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
• Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learning's for reuse throughout the organization.
• Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
• Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings,
• Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
Required Skills and Experience
• Ability to learn and follow defined support and root-cause analysis processes.
• Increasing ability to solve practical problems without assistance and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information may initially exist.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, hands-on, or diagram form.
• Knowledge of management contacts in the system for technical assistance
• Database concepts, networking and storage concepts/ terminology; FTP client usage, knowledge on Microsoft products. Positive and constructive attitude.
• Comfortable facing new challenges and technologies. Excellent communication (oral & written) skills.
• Needs to seek assistance less
• Demonstrated interest in expending your know ledge on VMware product
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
• Work experience in a Technical domain. Experience in Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred.
• Good level of technical understanding of more than one of the following technologies:
• Windows Clustering/DHCP/DNS
• Windows 2003/2008
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
• Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
• Logical approach to problem solving.
• Multiplatform Operating Systems Knowledge (Windows, Linux, UNIX) would be an added advantage
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top