Technical Support Engineer - Core
- Bengaluru, India
Technical Support Engineer - Across levels (P1 to P3)
Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights. If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
About the Global Support Services Team
The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the "best of the best" supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
What's in it for you?
The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment -- one of energy, creativity, and collaboration
The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up
We are guided in our efforts by a strong set of corporate values:
- Excellence and innovation
- Straightforwardness and open communications
- A sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life
- Delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers, and ourselves
- A passion for what we do and the value we deliver
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Resolve customer's issues via the telephone, email or WebEx session
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding back in a timely manner
- Regular follow ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learning's for reuse throughout the organization.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical trainings,
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
- 3-7 years of work experience in enterprise technical support
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Logical approach to problem-solving & Strong Troubleshooting experience
- Willingness to work in a 24x7 environment.
- Flexible to work evening/night hours and weekends long term if required. This may change as per business needs
- Windows Clustering/DHCP/DNS.
- Windows 2003/2008
- Multiplatform Operating Systems Knowledge (Windows, Linux , UNIX) would be an added advantage
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top