Technical Support Engineer
- Broomfield, CO
Technical Support Engineer
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
If you are interested in a new challenge and want to work with the leader in virtualization and cloud computing, then VMware has the opportunity for you! Our teams are collaborative and supportive. Once you begin your journey with VMware, you will have the very best support from your teams, managers and throughout our VMware community.
VMware will provide you with support from the outset, through coaching, training, and learning, allowing you to develop your career as you progress. VMware is willing to invest in you and wants you to achieve your goals as we help to guide you along. We understand that taking up an opportunity with VMware is an investment both in you now, and for the future - VMware will always be supportive to you in this new challenge.
Take advantage of this exciting opportunity on the Emerging Product team where we work with cutting-edge VMware products. You will be part of a team that partners closely with various internal business units, sales teams and drives product maturity. If you possess an analytical mind, have a passion for problem-solving and the newest technologies excite you then we want you to join our team!
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
VMware supports our customers' technical issues each day with new problems to solve. Our local technical teams collaborate to fix customers' issues. Our customers rely on us to help them ensure their VMware environments are stable and working as they should.
Your key role will involve providing support to our customers using VMware's solutions. You will be tasked with and be involved in researching, reproduction, and troubleshooting to resolve our customers' issues.
All our engineering roles involve great coordination with your colleagues, monitoring our customer's specific requests, and providing solutions to help our customers.
We need someone that is interested in Blockchain and willing to dive-in with our internal partners to drive customer success, implementation issues and be a champion for the solution. You will need to balance the requirements set by our business units and Global services.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Work with our customers to guide and support them throughout any difficulties in their environments when they look to VMware to help them.
- Work closely on troubleshooting analysis and reproductions of our customer issues to help drive faster resolution of their technical requests.
- Achieve your VMware Certified Professional qualification within your first six months.
- Create great documentation while building out our knowledge articles to deflect and help our customers issues, while sharing that knowledge to empower our customers to resolve issues on their own.
- Collaborative thinking and working within the teams to deliver a faster resolution of our customers' issues while sharing that knowhow that assists our global teams in building better knowledge in those teams
- Regularly attend your team's technical training to further build your knowledge and gain further industry certifications.
- Work with your team's senior engineers, both locally and globally to share ideas and better collaborations that will drive better learning across our centers.
- Participate in technical communications within the technical support teams to share processes and learn about new technologies.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Once you have completed your in-depth training, you will join your team of experienced engineers. The team will coach and guide you to deliver and use your new knowledge to resolve our customer issues.
VMware strives to have a strong balanced team that encourages inclusivity and great thinking; we want to strengthen our existing teams and generate new ideas and awareness as we are always looking to improve. We want open and collaborative communication to forge help new ideas and solutions while giving you the training and the tools to support and solve our customers' complex issues.
- Hands-on experience with virtual datacenters using vCenter and ESXi
- Good understanding in at least one of the following technologies: Networking, Storage, Linux, TCP/IP, Windows, and Cloud
- Good social, communication and customer service handling skills are required in order to work successfully with customers in highly dynamic situations.
- Understand the needs of customers, their urgency to have issues resolved so that their environments are stable and fully productive.
- A logical approach to problem-solving and troubleshooting technical problems
- A desire for learning new technologies and a willingness to understand how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Direct customer-facing Technical Support experience
- Experience dealing with various global customers/partners, maintaining and establishing a relationship with them while keeping them up to date with all relevant open issues and on-going projects
- Able to handle escalations with demanding customers at a technical and management level
- Ability to research problems and document their solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage time efficiently, balancing competing priorities
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must be able to travel (domestic & international)
- Available for on-call, after-hour rotations, or holidays with prior notice
- This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
What is leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
The hiring manager is Jose Perez who is one of the Technical Support Managers for one of the technical teams for Global Support Services (GSS) supporting VMware's emerging products. He has spent several years with VMware working key business units. From 2017 he has worked with the Emerging Products team supporting customers in NASA. Jose currently supports a team of 13 engineers working with our business units to help resolve our customer issues while delivering great customer experience.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top