Are you passionate about learning new technology and adding value to VMware's top customers by reducing outages proactively? VMware has a Technical Support role for you.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire datacenter to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined datacenter to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 32,000+ people working in 100+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and tackle problems for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers. Are you ready to join this fast-growing team?
Success In the Role:
S360 proactive Support Services (SPSS) is a new team formed in FY22 within GS. The objective is to reduce outages proactively for our S360 customers. This is the first time within GS we are looking at adding value to our customers by being preventive & proactive.
As a Technical Support Engineer of this team, you will have the opportunity to provide proactive support to top customers of VMware, across VMware products. You will be analysing, understanding, identifying, diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing technical issues effectively and expertly before it has a production impact. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical analytical skills and be someone who accepts challenges.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Understand the environment-specific Findings and Recommendations provided by the proactive tool and create an action plan to communicate with the customer.
- A good understanding and experience in Technical Support role with a high-tech product (Windows/Unix/Linux/Storage/Networking) company.
- Liaise with Account Managers to provide the best customer experience and prevent unplanned downtime.
- Gather customer feedback and feature requests for our Proactive tools and take it back to the product and engineering team to find a workable solution.
- Reproducing issues in-house and responding on time
- Regular follow-ups with customers with recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues promptly according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learning's for reuse throughout the organization.
- Participate in technical communications within the Team to share best practices and learn about new technologies
- Focus on an area of technical specialization and attend technical training
- Read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases that will help cultivate that expertise.
- Capable of running status calls with the customers to keep them up to date with all the opened issues, and ongoing projects
- Good practical working ability with Windows/Linux/UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- A logical approach to problem-solving & Strong Troubleshooting experience
- Willingness to work in a 24x7 environment with flexibility to work across all shifts
- Expertise in providing voice-based Technical Support is a key requirement
- Knowledge and experience in configuring, implementing or troubleshooting VMware products in Compute or Cloud, Networking, Storage or EUC will be an advantage.
Where is this role located?
Flexible: VMware provides flexibility to every employee to work from location of their choice - could be Work from Home or Work from Office or a Hybrid model.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Explore the VMware Benefits page for additional details. Please note, benefits change by country, please select your country from the drop-down menu at the top right corner. www.benefits.vmware.com
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.