Technical Solution Architect
Technical Solution Architect
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware's new exciting Modern Application Platform Business Unit (MAPBU) team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers' entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
VMware Pivotal Labs application services are designed to help our clients navigate the journey to the cloud, infusing confidence every step of the way. This is a hands-on role, and the selected Engineer/Architect would work alongside our clients and help transform their legacy portfolio to cloud-native in order to incrementally reduce time, cost, and operational inefficiencies while maintaining security, resilience and compliance.
In this role, you will:
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 10 or 16 weeks, but some can be longer term engagements) at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, engineers, product managers, and business people; or when possible, from home office (remote).
- Help customers realise unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language, and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices.
- Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people as we use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD.
- Discover, understand and map existing software development life cycles (SDLC) processes and deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Tanzu and industry trends.
- You will also work closely with the VMware Tanzu engineering teams to provide feedback on - and contributions to - community projects (like Spring and Steeltoe) and frameworks built by the Tanzu team that continuously strive to improve developer experience
- Assist Pivotal's customers in transitioning existing JVM and/or .NET apps to VMware Tanzu
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
- Work with VMware's customers to architect and build new cloud native apps
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
- Java expert, with experience and familiarity building Cloud applications using Spring and Spring Boot
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures
- Implementation experience in building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design
- You are an experienced Agile practitioner with software development experience, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques
- Experience with various public clouds would be an advantage
- You are a polyglot programmer
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top