Technical Services Consultant
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
This role will sit in VMWare's Security Business Unit, VMWare Carbon Black; a leader in cloud-native endpoint protection dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyber-attacks. The VMware Carbon Black Cloud consolidates endpoint protection and IT operations into an endpoint protection platform (EPP) that prevents advanced threats, provides actionable insight and enables businesses of all sizes to simplify operations.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware Carbon Black is seeking a talented, service-oriented individual with a TOP SECRET Security Clearance (or ability to attain) to join a rapidly growing Professional Services team as a Technical Services Consultant. The role of the Technical Services Consultant is to act either as part of an implementation team under the direction of a Project Manager for large service engagements or as the single point of contact for small-to-medium service engagements.
The Technical Services Consultant will provide VMware Carbon Black Customers with technical and best practice guidance, hands-on configuration, implementation support, product training, and in the case of small-to-medium size service engagements, project management oversight. Our implementation service offerings are designed and offered to ensure that new customers have successful implementations and recognize value in their investments.
- Work independently as a Technical Services Consultant to fully deploy Carbon Black software at customer sites
- Collect and document technical requirements from customers and configure the Carbon Black software to work within the capabilities of the application for those requirements. Review the configuration decisions that are available to customers and provide expertise and guidance on best practices.
- Provide in-depth onsite and remote technical guidance to new Carbon Black customers to ensure a successful implementation
- For small and medium engagements, perform project management functions including, but not limited to, project planning and definition, project scheduling, tracking status, and project completion reporting
- Responsible for best practices material development and maintenance in concert with Carbon Black product releases
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team including Engineering, Product Management, Partner Operations, Professional Services, and Sales.
Preferred Skills :
- Existing or future TOP SECRET level clearance
- This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements,
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise application security solutions
- 5+ years of field consulting experience, preferably implementing security software products
- Proven ability to work remotely and independently to deliver customer solutions and stay current with CB product announcements, releases and processes
- Knowledge of enterprise IT infrastructures and configuration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company
- Security industry experience and/or CompTIA Security+ Certification (or similar)
- Experience with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python & PowerShell preferred), interacting with API's, and creating automation
- Experience in related technologies such as patch management, configuration management, SIEM, auditing/compliance, forensics or incident response
- Understanding of Security Policy, including Certificate Management, firewalls, proxies, Active Directory, GPOs, policy and process management, and more
Travel: Approximately 50% travel to customer and Carbon Black facilities
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top