Technical Product Manager
Together our $2 billion Cloud Management Business Unit (CMBU) is leading transition to software defined data centers (SDDC) across public and private clouds. CMBU is at the heart of the IT transformation led by cloud, SaaS, virtualization, devops and containers. These trends represent a huge opportunity for you to help define our strategic and GTM approach through astute product marketing. You will be working on the rapidly transforming Infra and App Operations space, defining the management and operations of SDDC and Apps and the way enterprises run and manage their cloud infrastructure. Amidst the rapid growth of our offerings, you'll expand vRealize Suite's market leading position, further establishing VMware as a leader in cloud management segment.
For our vRealize Operations Manager (On-premise and SaaS), you will define the go-to-market strategy, product requirements, work very closely with engineering, user experience research and product marketing on product development, roadmap and launches while continuously validating the use cases with customers to execute on the requirements. You will partner closely with VMware's customers, partners, our sales force, product marketing, and other cross-functional organizations.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Define and lead core part of product capabilities for vRealize Operations Manager. Also, define requirements for integrations with the vRealize Cloud Management Platform and rest of SDDC stack
- Identify a variety of customer needs across the product stack, drive feature prioritization and work closely with engineering to deliver successful products.
- Work closely with broader R&D teams and collaborate. Act as customer advocate, provide voice of the customer during internal discussions
- Drive the industry conversation about the product domain. Set the agenda for the public debate in a way that showcases VMware advantages
- You will be a tenacious, ambitious, self-starter with a real passion for the cloud operations market, who can also serve as a strong advocate for our customers
- Hands on and "in the weeds" type, with an understanding of how things work and constantly suggesting improvements
- Strong technical domain background in datacenter, enterprise platforms, the datacenter, and applications software space, especially understanding of virtualization, automation and management
- Strong technical skills to quickly ramp up on REST APIs of the product and be able to design solutions and scripts using the available information
- Leverage your technical skills to close the communication gap between engineering and the rest of the world
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on groundbreaking technology concepts and architecture
- Ability to deal with and execute under ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with software development methodology like Agile and associated productivity tools, such as JIRA
- Strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision-making. You should nevertheless be able to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data.
- Experience with commercial and enterprise customers, presenting to C-level executives and passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- Proven, tenured experience in technical marketing or product management in the enterprise software market segment.
- Proven track record of growing new products into successful businesses, especially for enterprise products
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
- MBA and BA/BS in Computer Science (or equivalents) preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top