Technical Product Line Manager, VMware Cloud
At VMware, we are building the modern hybrid cloud experience for our customers and partners as a SaaS service. Our approach is to create customer-focused partnerships with major cloud providers to deliver jointly engineered service offerings that redefine the IT industry, starting with our flagship public cloud offering, VMware Cloud on AWS. We are looking for exceptional SaaS product managers to join our team and lead this industry transition to the modern hybrid cloud powered by VMware and delivered on public cloud infrastructure from AWS, Google, Azure, Oracle, and others. You will join a fast-paced VMware service platform team focused on delivering VMware Cloud: the integrated, modern service for multi-cloud. We are rapidly building organic, cloud-native services to deliver value to customers through managed services and a subscription model.
The VMware Cloud service platform is expanding to become the company-wide platform for a core set of capabilities, including service hosting, developer enablement, and common services.As a Product Line Manager for the VMware Cloud service platform team, you will be responsible for the service platform roadmap, expanding our service hosting capabilities and defining the requirements for a globally scalable, resilient, redundant, and performant service platform. This will require you to regularly interface with engineering and understand the technical details to implement cloud-native, containerized, highly-available services. Additionally, you will evangelize the service platform across the company, owning the narrative and driving the adoption of our service platform by new product teams and for new customer-facing capabilities. You will help new teams onboard to our service platform and built the next generation of SaaS at VMware.
- Interface with engineering and architects to define the service platform roadmap.
- Collaboratively define the roadmap and define execution milestones for service hosting, global resiliency, availability, and failover to ensure a truly global service platform.
- Own global expansion for VMware Cloud services and the service platform.
- Evangelize the service platform to engineer and product teams across the broader VMware organization.
- Assist new product teams to get onboard with the service platform.
- Interface with internal development teams to understand their use cases and pain points and improve our overall developer experience.
- Partner with engineering and SRE to improve our operational support and process for both internal and external customers.
- Understand customer needs and requirements and represent them in well-written Product Concepts.
- Launch new products and features that delight customers.
- Collaboratively define and prioritize a backlog for your product that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision.
- Lead the product feature planning process and ensure that the product set meets the requirements of use-cases and applications.
- Work with various outbound teams including product marketing, technical marketing, applications experts and broader field teams to ensure customer success and broad adaption of VMware Cloud features.
- Act as an evangelist of VMware Cloud features and use-case to customers, outbound teams and also effectively represent VMware in various related industry conferences.
- Be data-driven in your approach to solving problems.
- Work closely with VMware customers, developers, and key VMware stakeholders including Engineering, Support/Services, Product Management and Sales.
- 4+ years of experience in Product Management in a technology focused business delivering successful SaaS offerings.
- BA/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Economics or related degree. MBA or Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Deep familiarity with the technical aspects of public cloud environments including virtualization of compute/networking/storage, cloud-native applications, modern SaaS services, open source, containers, and Kubernetes.
- Strong leadership and communication skills - you need to be an expert presenter and able to clearly articulate your product vision.
- Strong written skills - be prepared to communicate your thoughts in well-written product concepts that stand on their own and clearly articulate your thinking .
- The ability to mentor and teach others.
- A proven history of data-driven approaches to measuring and solving problems.
- The ability to work with and collaborate with others. We're team players. You'll do well if you're one too.
- Comprehensive healthcare plans.
- PTO and family leave.
- Retirement plans.
At VMware, we push the boundaries of what is possible. With VMware solutions, organizations are building unrivaled experiences by mobilizing everything and responding faster to opportunities. Our compute, cloud, mobility, networking, and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation for customers globally.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top