Technical Product Line Manager - Container Ingress, Load Balancing, Security
- Bengaluru, India
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
The Avi Networks team was the fastest growing start-up in the application delivery/load balancing space which was acquired by VMware in July 2019. We have an SDN like architecture solving problems like ease of use, orchestration, automation,and analytics for our customers. We are now the NSX Advanced Load Balancer team within NSBU.
TheAvi Vantage Platformis deployed across datacenters and clouds, delivering better elasticity, intelligence, and cost savings by providing granular per-tenant and per-app services.Avi'scustomers include 20% of Fortune 50 companies. Customers enjoy 5X faster application rollouts, actionable analytics and 70% lower cost.
Since acquisition, Avi has been growing at an unprecedented pace, offering best in class application delivery, GSLB and WAF solutions.We recently announced havingreplaced more than 7,000 legacy appliances to modernize load balancing, and count the likes of Adobe, Deutsche Bank, and PayPal as our customers.
Our key projects comprise of:
- Innovating in best-in-class features and technology to remain the best enterprise grade load balancer in the industry.
- In addition, integrate with various VMware technologies and solutions as the load balancer of choice. This includesNSX,VMware Horizon VDI, VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF),vRA,vRNI, and the Tanzu portfolio to name a few.
Within the Avi organization, the Product Management team is distributed across the US, Europe, and India regions. We are a closely knit group of folks enjoy driving the Avi business and ensure continued success by collaborating with customers, as well as internal stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Engineering - Avi and other BUs).
Job Role and Responsibility:
We are looking for a product leader with deep technical expertise in containers, networking and/or security, strong business acumen, and excellent communication skills.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will:
- ChampionAvi'stechnical and business value proposition internally, and with customers
- Collaborate with engineering team to build the right software capabilities
- Assist in technical enablement and collateral development
- Build and run demo labs leveraging modern automation tools
- Design, validate and document technical solutions and integrations with 3rd party products and applications
- You will have the opportunity to work across various technologies and integrations, such as:
- Avi's Ingress Controller Solution working on-premises as well as public clouds
- Avi's integrations with Tanzu
- Avi's Load Balancing, GSLB and WAF features
- VMware's datacenter products such as VCF, VMC on AWS
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with one or more of the following (either on-premises, or public cloud deployments):
- L3/L4-L7 networking technologies
- Container infrastructure such as Kubernetes, Docker
- Load Balancing and Security (WAF)
- 6+ years total experience and 3+ years technical product management experience in data center / networking / cloud.
- BA/BS in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field required; MS / MBA preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated customer interaction experience
- Self-sufficient, high energy, and willing to operate in a fast paced, highly dynamic environmentwith minimal supervision.
- Creative problem solving and "can do" attitude.
- Familiarity with scripting, configuration / infrastructure management tools such as Ansible and Terraform is desired.
Benefits and Perks
VMware provides a comprehensive and generous benefits package for you and your family. Following are some highlights:
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Medical coverage and parental leave plans
- Corporate Social Responsibility - 40 hours of paid time to volunteer for a cause in the community
- Ongoing development tools - Conference participation, trainings and tuition, intra-company internships, etc.
The benefits package can be viewed atwww.benefits.vmware.com.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top