Technical Manager, R&D
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware End-User Computing runs the world's largest Digital Workspace Platform- Workspace ONE. With over 60,000 customers around the globe, our End-User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise.
Our team builds, deploys and operates the AWS-based cloud service known as Workspace ONE Intelligence. Our goal is to transform the way customers interact with the digital workspace. We are passionate about rapidly developing high quality software and applying automation and software engineering best practices to everything we do. Continuous improvement is part of our DNA.
We work with the latest AWS technologies and open source components. Our technology stack includes 20+ dockerized JAVA/Spring-based microservices and many AWS services including Lambda, Kinesis, Aurora, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Glue, and EMR/Spark.
As a member of the team, you'll have the opportunity to work with experienced and passionate software engineers across Atlanta, Bangalore, Palo Alto, and Sofia.
Review the Workspace ONE Intelligence Series or Workspace ONE Intelligence Lightboard on YouTube to learn more about the platform we develop. You can also find information at https://www.vmware.com/products/workspace-one/intelligence.html.
Our team is seeking a technical Engineering Manager with strong technical and leadership skills. You will own key components of our data pipeline and platform. As such, you will be interfacing with product management, our UI team, and other groups, internal and external to VMware, to define and deliver the required solutions. You will participate in all phases of software development including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, debugging and performance tuning. Day-to-day activities include:
- Providing technical leadership and direction for the team
- Champing a culture of high ownership, continuous improvement, and engineering excellence
- Seeking out ways to improve our development practices and tooling
- Removing obstacles
- Teaching and mentoring
- Writing code
- Recruiting and growing the team
5+ years of hands on experience in software development using Java and/or C++
- 5+ years of hands on experience building large-scale distributed systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- A passion for building and leading great engineering teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record of providing technical leadership on state of the art software development projects
- Excellent system design and object-oriented design skills
- Deep understanding of RDBMS
Experience developing microservices
- Experience with the Spring Framework
- Experience deploying a global service in AWS
- Experience with big-data technologies
Back to top