Technical Lead/Architect - Cloud Services Platform
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Your decisions and work will impact every service build in VMware
Innovation is in VMware DNA
Work with a great team
We're switching to remote culture
VMware Cloud Services Platform (CSP) is looking for a Software Engineer who shares our passion for technology, innovation, learning, and excellence to help us build and operate a world-class SaaS platform.
The Cloud Services Platform (CSP) R&D group charter is to implement the cloud runtime platform that enables VMware to deliver Software-as-a-Service, and service providers to customize, extend, and monetize cloud services. This is an exciting area which crosses multiple domains of expertise.
Our group, which operates similarly to a startup within the larger organization, is breaking new ground within the cloud arena and uses modern technologies such as Java, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, micro-services architectures and more. As a member of our team you will master the entire application life-cycle. This includes areas like microservices architecture, continuous delivery, automation testing (dev owns quality) and live monitoring of the system.
What You'll Do
- Technically lead one or more teams to deliver major product features and cross-product initiatives in a highly-scalable microservice environment, implemented on AWS.
Lead product direction in design discussions.
- Provide direction and mentorship to other team members
- Take decisions impacting a larger organization
- Proactively move the technology base to use the latest tools and frameworks for best performance; considering costs and scale.
- Collaborate with product management, DevOps, backend, and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution.
Support existing production code and improve performance and customer experience.
- Passion for software development as a craft and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment where the focus is on value delivered, not tasks completed
- 10+ years experience in designing and delivering commercial software products.
- High level expertise programming in Java or another statically-typed object-oriented language
Demonstrated aptitude in quickly mastering new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience developing and supporting enterprise-level SaaS product including on-call activities
- Experience with developing and operating micro-services
JoinCSP referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top