Technical Account Manager
About VMware's Professional Services Division
VMware Professional Services help customers uncover the unique opportunities presented by VMware's industry-leading solutions and technologies. Our extensive services community comprises VMware Professional Services and select service-delivery partners. Our consultants and advisors combine extensive, real-world experience with unparalleled virtualization and cloud computing expertise to help IT, DevOps and CloudOps organizations - large and small, global and regional - address the technical, people, process and financial aspects of 'X' as a service to deliver positive, tangible and material results to the business. Our Services portfolio includes - Accelerate Advisory Services, Cloud Operations Services, Technology Consulting Services, Technical Account Manager Services and Education Services & Certification Programs.
As one of our Technical Account Managers (TAM), you will be responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with VMware's largest and most complex customers. These customers are typically DAX 30 accounts adopting VMware virtualization software across their datacenters. You will serve as a project manager to ensure successful implementations and as an account manager to ensure that the customers serve as a positive reference and continue their standardization on VMware technology. Additionally, you will become the customer's single point of contact into all of VMware. As such, your technical abilities are critical in identifying solutions, troubleshooting issues, and answering technical questions as they arise.
A TAS works with customers to ensure their satisfaction and ROI with the VMware Horizon platform. They are the customer's primary liaison on Horizon into VMware and are accountable for identifying and directly addressing all business and technical issues impacting the productive use of VMware solutions, including but not limited to Horizon. A TAS must engage resources across the entire VMware organization when necessary. In addition, TAS' proactively expand VMware platform adoption and standardization within accounts, driving relationships at every level internally and externally to advocate VMware technology solutions and influence change. In addition to customer facing activities, TAS' report key account metrics and insight to VMware internal teams to help drive collaboration while contributing to the overall TAM program development.
- Provide project leadership for the customer's major VMware initiatives (This would include project management and solutions consulting)
- Manage cross-functional VMware project teams, which could consist of VMware consultants, engineers, marketing, sales and support staff
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements using our server and desktop products, with assistance from our internal engineering group and consulting architects as required
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line.
- Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements
- Establish long-term relationships within assigned accounts while developing an understanding of the client's strategic goals and overall impact on business results.
- Provide project leadership, coordination and architectural guidance for the customer's Horizon Suite and major VMware initiatives.
- Maintain a current knowledge of VMware's Horizon Suite, along with a high-level technical knowledge of VMware's product line and future product direction.
- Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements.
- Understand the customer's high-level business challenges while functioning as an advisory resource for "Best Practices" and driving adoption of VMware solutions within your accounts.
- Travel is required up to 50 percent of the time, including internationally
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a technology consultant (preferably with a management consulting, IT vendor or professional services organization).
- Be a fast learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- Strong technical skills, specifically in virtualization system and/or technical architecture
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware EUC portfolio
- Strong technical background in end user computing (preferably with technical certifications). Additionally, a background in data center infrastructure, operating systems, desktop deployments, system administration and/or technical architecture is preferred.
- Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Must be effective working independently and in a team setting.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing client demands.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with CxO level personnel.
- The ideal candidate would have domain level understanding of Cloud Infrastructure & End User Computing.
- VMware virtualization, end user computing products, solutions, and services.
- Experience with VDI Solutions
- Horizon/View design and implementation experience
- Windows desktop OS administration experience
- Experience with VMware Horizon solutions including Mirage, UEM, App Volumes, vIDM,
- Experience with vRealize Operations
- Enterprise desktop management experience (Windows/Linux)
- AirWatch product knowledge is a plus
- VCP/VCP-DT strongly preferred
Before you join, VMware will require you to go through a pre-employment screening process. This means that we will want to verify your details and the information you have given us to ensure your suitability for a certain role considering its nature, seniority and other relevant factors.
More details about VMware TAM services:
Diversity at VMware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top