Tech Lead/Architect - VMware Cloud Foundation
- Bangalore, India
VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), a VMware offering in exponential growth mode, is a hybrid cloud infrastructure platform to run modern workloads, from mission-critical workflows to containerized apps, in the private cloud, public cloud, and at the edge. VCF integrates compute, storage, networking, security, and cloud management services, including support for modern composable hardware, to create a consistent, and dynamically configurable, infrastructure.
We have ambitious goals to expand VCF infrastructure in a way that makes it simpler to run these modern workloads, which are distributed, hybrid, multi-cloud and elastic. That involves turning these full stack infrastructure clusters, hardware(s) plus software(s), into programmable, intelligent, intent-driven software endpoints, deployed, secured, and easily managed at scale, like a software CI/CD pipeline. The infrastructure is intent-driven, whereby an application can provide its runtime characteristics and requirements of the infrastructure and expect the entire stack to configure itself intelligently. The infrastructure also reconfigures or maintains itself on a ongoing basis, to support these hybrid applications' dynamic, elastic needs.
We are looking for a Hands-On Tech lead with extensive experience developing Cloud/System Management software to join the VMware Cloud Foundation(VCF) R&D Group.
1) Responsible for design and development of Cloud Management software using Hyper-Converged solution spanning on-prem and off-prem infrastructure.
2) Be a fearless thought leader who focuses on solving real world business problems using innovative technical solutions
3) Collaborate effectively in a very fast paced environment across worldwide teams
4) Proactively identify technical risks and develop mitigation strategies for execution
5) Provide leadership in software development methodologies, best practices and Hands on with development
6) Architect and design solutions using VMware, Partner and Open Source Technologies
1) Skilled and experienced in developing enterprise grade cloud/system management software/service
2) Strong understanding of Data Center & virtualization technologies (compute, networking and storage)
3) Practical experience developing and running a scaled service in a public cloud preferably AWS
4) Good working knowledge of Java, Spring and OOP concepts in product based organisations
5) Very strong design and development experience in distributed, clustered and multi-threaded applications
6) Soldi grounding of cloud-native development practices (Docker and Kubernetes including networking and storage considerations)
7) Minimum of 12 Years of enterprise software development experience
6) Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, Maven, Gradle
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in a related discipline required. An advanced degree (MS or PhD) is highly desirable.
This position is eligible for the JoinHCI referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top