Team Lead for Cloud Security application - Content
- Sofia, Bulgaria
We are a hard-working team, building SaaS platforms to deliver the future of cloud security and governance. We live and breathe distributed systems, horizontally scaled microservice architectures, graph data models, security-focused data analytics and data science, cloud services, and high availability designs all with integrated instrumentation and logging. We are seeking creative and capable problem solvers and critical thinkers with growth mindsets to join us. Our team is growing and you will have the chance to get in early and grow, while sharing responsibility for the full lifecycle of delivering SaaS products. While we have a high bar for quality and performance, we also foster a work environment that is balanced, fun and fulfilling.
We're searching for someone who can provide scrum mastery, team leadership and strategic guidance across a wide range of disciplines to build, foster, sustain and empower a team of developers. You will be working on many different technical levels, from content for VMware Secure State cloud security and governance SaaS to resolving performance issues with data ingest into our backend graph data layer. You will apply your existing security mindset to cloud, container, hybrid and edge computing architectures. We will depend on you to make expert decisions on pivotal technical choices, based on operational requirements, constraints of our current product, customer feedback and product roadmap. You will seek to understand our shared vision for Secure State and bridge the time and distance between our teams, helping to build strong communication, trust and collaboration. As we demonstrate success your team will grow, so you should feel comfortable expanding your leadership role as the team grows.
This position presents a long-term opportunity to lead a team dedicated to this ongoing statement of work.
Requirements and preferred skills
VMware Secure State (VSS) is establishing an engineering team for the development of a Graph Service Adapter (GSA) for different cloud services. The GSA will augment existing VSS GSAs for AWS, Azure, and GCP. Development of the new GSA involves several aspects:
- Modeling cloud resources into a connected graph data model of resource entities and relationships; includes model review meetings with VSS team to ensure consistency with established standards. The resources to model may also include Custom Resource Definitions, service meshes and other key aspects including Network, Identity, Storage, Monitoring and associated technologies in cloud-native microservice architectures.
- Authoring Golang collector code within the VSS GSA Framework
- Understanding cloud services event framework for responding to changes and performing micro-collection around the changed resources
- Authoring cloud services security and compliance rule queries to reveal configuration vulnerabilities
- Authoring scripts to remediate security and compliance findings
- Extensive unit tests and manual validation of the data pipeline
We'd love to meet you if you:
- Are a well organized Scrum/Agile oriented person, who can lead the engineering team responsible for this effort.
- Can make decisions about the optimal cloud service entry points to collect resource data and monitor for changes.
- Have extensive cloud domain knowledge to lead and oversee the modeling and inventory collection of cloud resources for a connected graph model, in partnership with a cloud services security domain expert also on your team.
- Have expertise in cloud services APIs and an understanding of cloud services change event processing.
- Understand cloud services authentication, access and session management for API access for performing inventory
- Possess expert proficiency in compiled languages - preferably Golang but Java/C++ is acceptable assuming quick learning ability - including plugins, debugging, testing, and concurrency concepts.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have 5+ years experience
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top