System Test and Automation Engineer
- Sofia, Bulgaria
At VMware, we are fundamentally building the Enterprise Blockchain with innovation, enterprise-grade capability, and solutions that will power blockchain in every market sector including financial, retail, and supply chain. The VMware Blockchain solution is deeply engrained with unique technical innovation as well as ensuring it meets enterprise product needs for real world Blockchain applications.
Exciting opportunity for a Test and Automation Engineer in our Blockchain Engineering team. You will be building the Blockchain System Test- everything from continuous test and integration in our pipelines, to full System Testing, Customer Test, and Deployment Test, and SRE.
Our team works on cutting edge technology to deliver improved management and security tools for our own blockchain environment as well as others from across the industry. You will work with a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware's Research Group in this role. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware's EPIC2 values.
Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
- Participate in the day-to-day activities of the System Test in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Design and maintain test strategies for comprehensive, customer-focused end to end testing.
- Build maintainable, high quality and effective automated tests on top of various automation tools and frameworks, to execute complex tests on a distributed system
- Review and triage test failures and verify fixes
- Work with team to analyze code coverage using industry standard tools
- Be an active participant in planning and designing product features with the ability to view the application from a customer perspective
- Provide strong testing, debugging and documentation skills, be self-motivated and proactively manage time and tasks
- Stay current with the latest Engineering best practices and share the findings
- Collaboration with cross functional teams involved in the product delivery
- Analyzing quality data, identifying areas of improvement and implementing solutions.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of quality assurance, customer advocacy, automation tools, software development in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Experience in system level testing of large-scale distributed system platforms. E.g. distributed storage, compute, networking and messaging, with focus on testing stability, reliability, scalability and availability.
- Experience integrating complex set of services or product at scale.
- Experience in developing automation infrastructure and automated regression test suite for distributed systems in Linux or Unix systems using programming and scripting languages like Python, Java and C++.
- Experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with virtualization and container orchestration technologies. E.g. ESXi, vSphere, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience with build and delivery systems such as Jenkins, Git, Apt etc.
- Experience with leading the everyday activities of a global engineering team using Agile/Scrum processes.
Who you are:
- Self Starter - Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong collaboration skills with a "Team First" mentality.
- Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
- "Growth" mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years experience in an equivalent role
- MS/BS in CS/EE or equivalent
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
This position is eligible for the JoinBlockchain Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top