Strategy, planning and operations Lead – Pre-sales (SE)- APJ
- Ponca City, OK
VMware software powers the world's complex digital infrastructure. The company's cloud, networking and security, and digital workspace offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to more than 500,000 customers globally, aided by an extensive ecosystem of partners. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to build, run, manage, connect and protect applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
VMware is committed to being a force for good, from its breakthrough innovations to its global impact. Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities
VMware is looking for a talented business partner to our CTO (and SE-leadership team) and the ultimate collaborator to fill this strategic role within our Strategy, Planning and operations Organization. This individual will drive an executive level cadence and integration across the organization while managing execution of strategic initiatives to accelerate sales. As a candidate for this role, you will have a proven track record of building consensus across a diverse and complex environment, developing and implementing strategies to improve business outcomes, and identifying areas to optimize resources, processes, and programs. This role requires, a strong understanding of complex field organizations across sales, Solutions Engineering & Architecture, customer success, and ecosystem partners as well as proven analytical and operational skills and outstanding cross-group collaboration.
The successful candidate will be a 'Strategic Doer' with great energy, initiative and leadership qualities that inspire teaming and trust to influence cross functional teams.
The role will support Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) Solutions Engineer & (SE) Pre-sales teams and Strategy, planning and operations leadership in developing and executing sustainable business strategies, supporting semi-annual fiscal planning and manage business cadence and reporting. The person will be a Business Partner to the VP for the Presales (SE) organization in APJ ensuring the continued success of this business unit. The core responsibility of the individual will be to provide analytic and business insight to support the decision making of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main task is to take full operational responsibility for the APJ SE organization.
- Measure the business performance and create clear Performance Indicators that enable the Business leaders to successfully grow the business
- Be a trusted strategic advisor/partner to the team providing valuable insights to ensure the continued success of the business
- Drive strategy and implementation of best practices
- Have an in-depth understanding of resource and capacity planning modelling
- Contribute in the Business Planning Process
- Assists Pre-Sales (SE) management with specific and ad-hoc report and dashboards requests to support strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Key member of the global pre-sales (SE) leadership team responsible for helping in to develop and execute our strategy in APJ.
- Assess effectiveness of current programs, processes, and resource alignment in critical areas, refine and optimize accordingly
- Engage with finance and operation partners to drive P&L and business data analysis to prepare executive level reviews and make and execute strategic decisions to optimize the business
- Drive alignment and best practices application across regions and shared functions to implement our multi-cloud vision
- Develop frameworks to help structure the team's thinking, drive visibility, facilitate alignment, and establish an operating rhythm of the initiatives to ensure the programs are running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives, manage risks and issues and improve team communication and collaboration.
- Triangulate leads, pipe, bookings by solution & competencies to support ad hoc reporting needs, with data-driven insights to support business decisions.
- Publish real-time reporting using business intelligence tools.
- Manage Pre-sales operations including business cadence process, effective pipeline management by respective routes to ensure business accountability & predictability as and when needed.
- Actively work with cross functional teams such as Regional Partner Business, Core Sales, Professional Services, Business Units, Shared services/Centre of Excellence, Enterprise Data Analytics teams.
- Manage & present business performance in periodic business review meetings to key internal stakeholders and drive implementation of consistent processes and best practices across APJ.
Requirements & Experience
- Proven experience in Business Operations or Finance gained within a fast-paced high-tech organization
- Comfortable working with Senior executives at all levels to ensure the successful execution of strategy through informed decision making
- Experience in architecting organizational engagement models
- Exceptional analytical skills & confident working with an onsite and remote analyst team
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
- Proven analytical ability of designing, organizing into useful business metrics & dashboards to drive business cadence and make operational decisions.
- Experience in various Business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, SAP HANA preferred and with a variety of Enterprise tools including Salesforce
- Highly motivated, analytical thinker, keen eye for details, results-oriented, with a "can-do" attitude.
- Excellent and proven ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects with competing priorities.
- Ability to deal with stress, ambiguity and navigate through a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment and accommodate with flexibility.
- 7+ years of experience in sales/pre-sales (SE), strategy or GTM roles enterprise software or cloud company.
- Great business acumen and exceptional strategic thinking skills balanced with operational execution capabilities
- Creative with strong problem-solving skills, analytical and process mindset, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- C-suite relationship engagement and management
- High performer with track record of exceeding performance expectations and metrics
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top