Working with the Strategic Renewals team, you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues daily. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within the Renewals function. You will feel at home working collaboratively with many different teams. You will be introduced to many new concepts and technologies which will further expand your learnings. Teamwork is very important and at the forefront of the Team.
Build your personal brand and learn the structures and policies
- Within the first 30 days you will be expected to onboard and build your understanding of the processes.
- Within the first 90 days you will be expected to grow your technical understanding of all key products and show your technical aptitude to master sales tools and systems.
- You will need to demonstrate and orchestrate territory coverage through effective collaboration with cross-functional departments such as license sales, global support, PSO and Channel Partners to ensure alignment and to drive increased customer success and adoption.
- You will need to demonstrate the ability to make good decisions in the spirit of the strategic direction of the organization.
- Within 180 days you will need to demonstrate that you can become a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards.
Your regular activities will include some of the following but will also evolve over time
- Collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Preparation and validation of high value renewal contracts.
- Negotiating deals with complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
- You will also be accountable for driving high value and volume transactional renewals to consolidate within a New Enterprise License agreement. The purpose is to drive high retention rates across renewals in addition to leveraging the renewal event to increase the net new license attach rate by cross-selling and upselling VMware's emerging technologies and adding new services.
- Internal/Customer negotiations.
- Customer Heath Checks.
- Install base investigation and validation.
- Forecasting on a weekly basis.
The Hiring Manager for this role is Chris Nason, Manager for the Strategic Renewals Team in NEMEA. He is based in Cork and has been with VMware 4 years now. He is passionate about helping people succeed and believes that people grow by allowing them to be leaders in everything they do on a day-to-day basis. The team is distributed and works from different parts of Europe. The team culture is very open, inviting and collaborative.
This role is based out of VMware's Staines Office in the UK and open to candidates in the surrounding area.
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.