Storage, C/C++, OS and systems programming- 3 - 16 years
- Bangalore, India
Team: Core Storage, VMware Virtual Volumes.
Type of role: Individual Contributor
VMware Virtual Volumes is an integration and management framework for external storage that provides finer control at the VM-level, streamlines storage operation and offers flexibility of choice.
Learn more at https://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/virtual-volumes.html
The vVOL storage engineer will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise on our next generation storage initiatives, the engineer will be developing new products and solutions based on an enterprise-class virtualization platform. Duties will include design, implementation, testing, and debugging. Engineer will also interact with other groups outside of engineering in helping analyze and prioritize product features, interact with partners, customers, support and with key VMware technical leaders to influence and execute vVOL storage initiatives.
- Design, develop, and maintain the next generation of storage virtualization products.
- Work on the management/middle-tier infrastructure running on VMware's vCenter Server.
- Design and maintain APIs to expose the underlying concepts in the physical and virtual infrastructure to various components in VMware's ecosystem, including the UI.
- Coordinate with platform, UI and usability teams to ensure that features work seamlessly end-to-end.
- Interact with Storage partners to discuss technical aspects of API specification and implementation.
- Help investigate customer support escalations on our storage products
- Work with QA engineers and ensure software testability, quality and stability.
- Work with the documentation team and ensure good quality documentation of the product and API.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or Masters preferred.
- 3-16 years of Object-oriented design or Enterprise "C" and hands-on development.
- Strong understanding of Storage Systems architecture including T10 SCSI and NFS.
- Experience with programming in Java, Python and C++ is a plus.
- Solid foundation in multi-threaded programming, kernel programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- Comfortable developing and debugging in Windows/Linux environments.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Meet Some of VMware Carbon Black's Employees
Stacia T.Regional Sales Engineer
Stacia demonstrates VMware Carbon Black’s technology to prospective customers. Once they’ve signed on, she ensures they know how to use the products and receive all the resources they need.
Back to top