Staff UI Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware vRealize Network Insight (vRNI) is transforming security and operations for the Software Defined Data Center (SDDC). vRNI removes barriers to SDDC adoption and operation by providing converged visibility and contextual analytics across virtual and physical networking layers, an ability to plan and implement micro-segmentation security, and helping with end-to-end monitoring and troubleshooting across SD-WAN, on-prem, and cloud environments. The platform helps IT organizations plan, operate, visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their applications across complex software-defined data center environments.
As a next phase of product evolution, vRNI team is growing and adding members to build and deliver a product that provides our customers seamless experience of planning, deploying operating, and troubleshooting their virtual and physical network infrastructure in multi-cloud environments.
vRNI team is looking for an engineer with excellent analytical and programming skills to join and be a part of an exciting journey ahead.
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Drive the design and implementation of architecture initiatives and product feature development life cycles
● Push the envelope in adopting new technologies and best practices to ensure our products are the best in quality and usability
● Collaborate with project team members and cross-functional product teams to develop features for our platform
● Participate in visual design and implementation with UX team
● Innovate and coach others to innovate.
● Provide technical leadership to team members and be a team player.
● Lead design and code reviews with a major focus on best user experience, performance, scalability and future expansion
● Formal degree in Computer Science or equivalent
● Experience in JS frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, etc.
● Experience with visualization technologies such as D3 or similar
● Strong sense of product usability; be a user advocate
● Experience in design of service interface and public APIs
● Solid understanding of OOP and FP principles and practices
● Expert level in UI design and/or large scale software design
● Virtualization technologies, centralized management for distributed systems are big
● Excellent in verbal and written communication skills
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top