Staff Systems Engineer, SD-WAN
- Raleigh, NC
Senior Systems Engineer, SD-WAN
Come be part of a dynamic, self-starting, and talented group of Systems Engineers! Shift your career to where customers are going vs. where they've been. SD-WAN is in hyper-growth mode, enabling a secure and agile cloud-first world for our customers a better user experience for their teams and a better work from home option for business continuity.
As a repeated Gartner Magic Quadrant leader in the SD-WAN space, VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud continues to innovate and grow. We need talented sales teams to grow with us and VMware is a great place to work!
We learn something new every day and have lots of fun doing it. You will be the primary contact for all things technical with VMware's SD-WAN clients, partners, and prospects.
You will work closely with VMware's clients to understand their business problems and help them develop the right technical solutions. You will form and further your relationship with technical decision makers in both our customers' and partners' organizations.
The Systems Engineer engages a multi-functional team daily which may include account executives, technical specialists and product managers within VMware, as well as appropriate contacts at our customers and partners.
Areas of passion for of our SEs:
• Get to play with cool and cutting edge technologies every day, while leading our clients through their SD-WAN network transformation and a journey to the Cloud-first mindset
• Simplify the complex, while adding agility, security and a better user experience to our customers' networks
• Articulate both business and technical benefits of our solutions
• Foster long-term relationships with customers and our internal teams
• Listen to our customers and come up with creative ways to solve their problems, and bring that feedback to product teams for continuous improvement
• Hustle and make things happen for VMware and our customers
• Articulate the VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
• Coordinate and respond to the customer RFI, RFP, and sales proposals
• Lead field POCs, lab and field trials, and beta programs
• Participate and present at roadshows and trade shows, customer and partner trainings
• Land and expand the size of sales deals, to increase recurring revenue and hit key sales objectives
• Very strong routing knowledge and experience (especially OSPF and BGP) are a requirement. Network industry certifications such as CCIE are preferred.
• Hands-on experience with SD-WAN, VPN and Cloud networking such as AWS, Azure and GCP are a strong plus
• Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to build rapport and credibility, clearly articulate a value proposition and help customers understand complex topics in a clear manner
• 5+ years of experiences in customer facing technical consulting roles, such as Sales/Systems Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, Consulting Engineer, Solution Architect, or a senior level Customer Support engineer
• 10+ years of experience with networking, WAN technologies, data center and Cloud services, particularly through Value Added Resellers and Systems Integrators
• Hands on experience with different products and technologies commonly seen in Enterprise networks, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewall, hypervisors, Windows, Linux, etc.
• Ability to effectively and energetically present technology and business propositions to customers, peers, and management
• Analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
• Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms
• Expect 50% travel requirements
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top